Your experience with coffee as a singer

Rate this topic

colin040

Yes Phil we have another one...don't forget aarondale (i think that was his username)...at least his posts were so ridiculous it was entertaining. If you need a laugh go search that stuff LOL.

Owen - It was aldertate (or something like that) and I think it was determined that justinothersinger WAS aldertate reincarnated! Yeah pretty funny stuff.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phrasing of Adveser is way different, guys. Aldertate and justinothersinger are the same guy. I like the guy (justin version) and consider him a knowledgable resource. I even agree with him about Steve Perry, all the while, still liking Journey songs and Steve Perry. I am a complicated redneck, I guess.

Also notice, please, how justinothersinger, after the dust-up over nasality, deleted his own posts and had his status changed to guest, which means non-posting status. Because he really is training for opera and I have heard the lessons. He changed his status and deleted his posts for a few reasons. Firstly, he really is too busy with his training, as we all suggest we should be, to get involved in drama or catching heat for expressing his opinion. Secondly, he was not really want to create such a stink and defending his position was getting nowhere and rather than continue the acrimony, he has gone on to things better for himself. He is probably 20 something years younger than I am and I can learn from him how to back off a thing and leave it be.

So, just the writing style is way different, in my opinion.

Nor am I "defending" Adveser, as I am still trying to digest his latest posts.

But again, I would say, if a substance affects you to the point of inhibiting your singing, change or delete that from your life.

So, we have come a long way from coffee. And can we really know who is typing at the other end?

Anyway, proof is in the pudding. Can Adveser sing these things as he says he does? Let's hear it. For example, I don't really have to describe my singing. There's been more than ample chance to hear me over the last almost 4 years (I joined May 2010.) Although, perhaps, that should be a different thread. Totally different subject in another thread, I was talking about some sound. Jonpall asked for a sound file. I posted one. Whether I was right or wrong, I posted as asked for people to say "I agree" or "disagree."

Just chiming in about coffee, for those not used to caffiene, it's probably not a good idea. It makes many feel fatigued after a while and that's not good for singing, because singing does require energy. As for those used to it, I say drink more water to compensate. That dehydration from the Monsters I drink didn't help my upper range today at all, it was actually more difficult, it would likely be the same for a lot of other people.