Dust in the Wind

• TMV World Legacy Member

ron,

relax!

first off you're not a burden to anyone. your trivia section was a joy to read and you are a major contributor to the forum.

(i mean after all....who the hell writes more than you!(lol))

but buddy, you have to realize, if a singer willingly asks to have his singing critiqued, then he or she has to willing to hear whatever is said.

it's a choice, a choice that you made.....no one forced you to do this. me personally? i'm not inclined to do this unless i've really got it seriously right. just keep workiing hard and try to have fun too.

I knew that came out the wrong way. I wrote it in a hurry this morning and I wasn't griping or showing hurt feelings. Nor do I mind having my stuff critiqued. Not at all. But I was told that I had posted too much. Even though criticisms mentioned specific issues that I agree need work, they weren't connected to specific songs. Nor does anyone or everyone have to critique each song.

In the same breath, this is a critique section, so people are bound to see if they can find something wrong, or something that's not quite in line with their taste or what they do. And I didn't mean it as a bad thing, either. And I fear that this is still not coming out the right way. I think I was trying to say what you just said, which is, put it up for critique and it will receive criticism. My one extra caveat was that it doesn't always need criticism. Once in a while, a person hits a home run and I think Geno did with this recording.

Exemplified by your own words, having the recording as perfect as possible. And that's a good thing. So, perhaps, I should wait until I can get a better mic, which will probably be a bit longer. My temp assignment ended today, when they were supposed to give at least a week's warning so that the temp office could line up another assignment for us. As it is, I am joining a friend to go apply at a place I've applied to before in Durant, Oklahoma.

And, I'm still learning how to use Audacity. I just understand better the criteria for posting here and wish to measure up to that. And I know I've had to plenty to work on vocally and have been.

But that doesn't mean I have stopped working on stuff. I have learned quite a bit since I have been here. I also tend to wait until the weekend to record, when I've had some rest instead of during the weekday, when I just get home from 8 or 9 hours in the sauna we call Summer in Texas.

If and when I post something in this section again, I don't want sound quality to be an issue. And, I will either have to get backing tracks or make sure I play the guitar spot-on perfect, for a messed up part on the guitar has also been an issue here. That is, again, I am not complaining and take the criticism for what is. Sound quality sucks, sometimes the guitar playing sucks, sometimes the voice sucks. So, if I can, I will make it as perfect as possible before submitting. There will still be criticism because this is the section for it.

"Too much strain," "Strain's okay," etc. Nothing wrong with that, either. Everyone has an opinion and it is colored by our own experiences.

I should probably stop before I write something else that comes out the wrong way. Believe it or not, there are days when it is better if I shut up.

ronws - I like your posts. Please keep them coming. And keep posting your songs too. Don't wait for a different mic. People submit all kinds of recordings, and to learn about improving singing, you don't have to have great recordings at all. I post my songs on a different forum too, and the other forum is a recording forum. So I'm paying attention to the production of my songs because on that forum they are giving me advice on the mix and production (and if the mix isn't right they let you know!). But for this forum it is overkill. Keep it coming and good luck in Durant!

Thanks, Geno, my temp service found me another assignment on short notice and I have an orientation meeting on Tuesday and start the assignment on Wednesday. Not bad, considering I was only able to tell her yesterday afternoon and had an email this morning about it. But I still may go to Durant.

I was always ok.....lol. I didn't take offense to anything. I was just trying to explain myself. :) It's all good boys!:cool:

And I loved the trivia that Ronws was putting up as well. I read alot of it. :)

cheers!