Lullaby- By Chester See (Critique?)

• TMV World Legacy Member

You need to work on your pitch. I played your cover along with the actual track and even your key is off. I'm not sure if you were singing with headphones on or not, but if you weren't try it that way next time. Hearing the track and trying to match the key/pitch is a good way to train your voice. Kudos on the effort, but you need to work on it.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey thanks for the feedback! But what I'v learned is, I need to STOP trying to sound so much like the song and sing with it and sort of make it my own, let me hit the notes in the way that's easiest for me as just when he wrote it, he sang it in the way the notes were easiest to hit for him, as any singer. So. Erm. DO I SOUND BAD? What else beside of that but yes, my pitch is off and its always off and really I can't fix it I guess it'll come with time.

Although I am trying, I'v started this new way and I guess the real reason is I'm not lifting my soft pallet correctly and only during certain times, is it normal to feel some tension if you don't often lift it? Is it something that will get stronger or should I feel no tension or soreness at all?