WHAT is Eowyn doing?????

Rate this topic

Rychemaiden

Okay i LOVE Eowyns voice!! But I am confused, FIRST of all, I believe I have heard that using the breathy technique she uses can dry out the vocal folds and cause edema.

Can one be taught to do this properly or is it a unique talent?

And Im even MORE curious as to how she achieves the slide/jump?? from note to note that she uses....Thats probably not the right term for what she does but I dont know the right term....

She uses it throughout the song, but for example she does this at :48 seconds, :56 seconds, :59 seconds, 1:06 seconds. etc.

In awe here. I can sometimes do this descending but not ascending.

Dying to know what she is doing and HOW she is doing it :)

are you talking about the intentional vocal breaks? the yodel type sound where its flipping from one note to another?

like the singer Dido? lol

if thats what you are talking about then yes it can be very much taught though i have heard theories as to why its not such a good thing to get into the habit of doing constantly.

are you talking about the intentional vocal breaks? the yodel type sound where its flipping from one note to another?

like the singer Dido? lol

if thats what you are talking about then yes it can be very much taught though i have heard theories as to why its not such a good thing to get into the habit of doing constantly.

Seems that way to me, too.

Weird in that i was ill the other day and exhausted, tried to do this and got much closer, not sure i knew "what" i was doing.... :) Think it was because i was too tired to "over analyze" it...

Eowyns style is just ONE of the styles i enjoy :) Generally a "metal head" \m/ ...Would like to be able to employ that technique/style when appropriate. And yes, i remember hearing Zombie. 1st time i heard it was when Dilan did it on "Rockstar"?....searched for the track on the net, was totally intrigued. WIll give that skipping straight into head voice a shot :) Thanks all!!!!!

I think flipping into falsetto isn't always lack of technique, it can be a style for someone. Some people have no interest in singing high and connected, so for them the flip is the ticket and some people can stay connected but it doesn't suit them or their music. I do a combination of both in my music ala Buckley/Martin Sexton.