QUEEN - Who Wants to Live Forever - Vampire style

Rate this topic

Hi guys.

I love this song by the unbeatable Freddie Mercury. I made my video story from the feeling I got for this song while watching Highlander. I felt that a vampire might feel the same way after snacking on many lovers over the decades.

It was interesting that after seeing a picture I posted for this video on Facebook the producer for the upcoming movie "Atlanta Vampire Movie" contacted me to be in be in the movie. It's a Vampire spoof. It's gonna be so fun to make.

@Elena,

I just saw Highlander last year, and I was singing this song and "Princes of the Universe" for a straight week. I really dig your interpretation, and I liked the concept of the video :P [thought the lovers' deaths were silly, but funny]. The operatic, crooning quality of your voice does give away to an almost succubus or vampiress-like mournful ballad, which is an interesting take on the original song. I really like the ring of your head voice. Great listen, great fun.

Ron, there was a data dump around 2AM last night, so lost threads/posts had to be rewritten. This was sent out-- TMV FORUM MEMBERS,

AN ACCIDENTAL SETTING IN THE ADMINISTRATION SYSTEM IN THE TMV WORLD FORUM ACCIDENTALLY DELETED DATA TODAY.

WE HAVE CONTACTED THE HOST COMPANY AND THEY HAVE RESTORED THE DATABASE TO A BACK UP DATE APPROXIMATELY 48 HOURS AGO.

THEREFORE, POSTS AND ACTIVITY FOR THE LAST 48 HOURS OR SO, MAY OF BEEN LOST UNFORTUNATELY.

OUR APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!

ROBERT

:|

@Elena,

I just saw Highlander last year, and I was singing this song and "Princes of the Universe" for a straight week. I really dig your interpretation, and I liked the concept of the video :P [thought the lovers' deaths were silly, but funny]. The operatic, crooning quality of your voice does give away to an almost succubus or vampiress-like mournful ballad, which is an interesting take on the original song. I really like the ring of your head voice. Great listen, great fun.

Thank you, Java.

I know I had replied to this thread and now it is gone. Adolph, has my account been hacked?

I thought the same thing, Ron. I came in the next day and couldn't find my post and I was thinking "I know I put it here somewhere". haha. Then I checked my email and saw Robert's explanation and reposted.

(wonder what you said the first time around)

Incredible! Great performance and video!

Thanks, Igor. You did a fantastic job with Queen with "Show must go on".

Also thank you to Gneetapp and mvrasseli. This was the sound I was going for with my Soprano voice. I am Opera trained and like to change song to fit my voice. Igor, now he sings them exactly like the original artists.

I liked what you did. The modern rhythm was a surprise but it still worked, I think.

I also associate this song with the movie, "Thi Highlander." And director Russell Mulcahy's odd assortment of actors.

Christopher Lambert, a Frenchman with a thick accent playing a scot. Sean Connery, a scot with Arabic heritage, playing a Spaniard. But hey, that's acting!

And when I hear this song, I think of my first wife, Deidre Lynn Stone, 12-19-1962 to 07-28-1992.

"Only one sweet moment set aside for us ..."

Anyway, keep doing what you do.

Did you once cover "Bonnie Portmoor", also from this movie? I know you would have the right voice for it. It was something of a hit for singer Loreena McKennitt.

• 2 weeks later...