First recording ever - never sang for anyone before

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone. Brand new to this forum and I've never actually sang for anyone before or posted me singing. But I recorded myself on my iPhone and posted it here: https://soundcloud.com/onceuponavocalcord/looking-for-feedback/s-G0wCd

I know I have a lot of work to do but I'm looking for help in terms of how I should get started in progressing and getting better. A lot of what I've sang so far (to myself) is Michael Buble, John Mayer, and The Fray. I don't have a great range or voice as you can probably tell but I really do want to get better!

I really appreciate your help in advance - and please, don't be too harsh - I know I'm not good.

EDIT: Edited broken URL

Not bad for a first start. You should train with someone if you want to improve. That will be the fastest way. Sounds like you need more control over your support mechanism. Your connection from chest to head is good as you are not pulling chest. You will want to smooth that transition of course. There are so many things that a teacher can help with.

You have a very good sense of pitch :) As geno said, you have a good connection between headvoice and chestvoice, train over that and you'll not have much problems.

When you learn how to use breath support correctly your singing will change immensely, and it will be a looot easier and free :D

Get a teacher if you can, mate ^.^

Thank you both, very much! I greatly appreciate it. This forum is really great and I will return in a month or two likely. I will definitely be finding a vocal coach and taking some lessons :-) Thank you!!