Crazy Train-Acoustic Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey, Casen, kind of a side-subject, since you are not afraid to do an arrangement that makes a true cover, rather than a tribute.

Have you ever heard of a blue grass band called Hayseed Dixie?

They did a bunch of covers of AC/DC (so you can see the root of their band name), and I would look forward to more such things from you. And now, I cannot help myself, I've got to hear and share it and I bet you could come up with a neat, balladic interpretation -

Whoa! Those are really cool! My (extremely conservative) grandparents watch the videos so I'm not sure about Highway to Hell..Any other ideas?:lol:

Whoa! Those are really cool! My (extremely conservative) grandparents watch the videos so I'm not sure about Highway to Hell..Any other ideas?:lol:

Believe it or not, "Highway to Hell" came from Bon Scott's description of their endless touring of the Outback. It seemed like the road would never end.

I think you have the right temperament and style to cover Ozzy's "I'm Coming Home" and Motley Crue's "Home, Sweet Home."

And "Every Rose Has it's Thorn" by Poison. Brett Michaels says he wrote that in a Laundromat in Dallas, Texas, just after he broke up with a girlfriend.

And I don't think your grandparents are that bad or they would not have let you do an Ozzy song. Ozzy (John Robert Osbourne) is "the Prince of Darkness," after all. Though, if you watched the "reality" show, he is a hen-pecked husband at home. For good reason. He can write great songs. He has an uncanny gift for finding guitar virtuosos and bringing them to light. But he cannot get one penny and another penny and come up with two cents. But his wife, Sharon, can. She is his saving grace, so to speak.

Great Job Casen. Take a song and make it yours in the style that speaks to you. Remember that even though you are singing a song that may be popular to a certain group of people there still are thousands of people who have never heard the original singer so no point trying to copy his interpretation. :cool:

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

ronws: I really like Every Rose Has Its Thorn!

MDEW: Thank you!:D

Felipe: Thanks for the honesty, I'll work on it.:)

I hope you do "Every Rose has it's thorn." It might be a "rock ballad," but it is just as easily a country song, especially with the accent Brett was using in it. if it weren't for the pyrotechnical solo of CC Deville, you would have thought it was country.

I hope you do "Every Rose has it's thorn." It might be a "rock ballad," but it is just as easily a country song, especially with the accent Brett was using in it. if it weren't for the pyrotechnical solo of CC Deville, you would have thought it was country.

I think I should be able to do that one.. Might try something different with it.