Bad vocals!

Rate this topic

Earlier today I was listening to a compilation from 60's group "Gary Lewis And The Playboys", and while the songs are catchy and fun, Mr. Lewis is a pretty mediocre, yet serviceable vocalist. That is until you get to "Sealed With A Kiss"

Now, it's of course up for debate and a matter of taste if you like someone's voice or not, but take a listen to this rendition of "Sealed With A Kiss" which is probably one of the prettiest pop melodies ever written and hear the song get butchered.

Nowadays, this kinda vocal would definitely get cleaned up through auto tune to be made presentable, but this old ditty is warts and all for sure.

So, if you can come up with any other widely available recording that clearly features bad vocals post them here and let's have some fun.

Again, I mean bad performances, not a singer you don't like and think they suck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc3Nbsg1cp4

Bob Dylan's part on WE ARE THE WORLD. OOOh I'm ready to get nailed to the cross now!!! "PHIL BOB DYLAN IS A GENNIUUUSSSS!!!!!"

He is a genius of songwriting. And just about every song of his was made a bigger hit than he could have made by being covered by other people with better pitch and articulation.

Years ago, I read an interview with Bob Dylan. He said he had been trying to mimick the Woody Guthrie sound. I think he missed.

It's going to take me some time but there was a live Helloween performance where Kiske was going flat in the chorus. Awesome singer, doubtful note.

Bob Dylan's part on WE ARE THE WORLD. OOOh I'm ready to get nailed to the cross now!!! "PHIL BOB DYLAN IS A GENNIUUUSSSS!!!!!"

C'mon. He worked very hard on that.

(Not sure how to embed on this board.)

it's not all that bad.....

remember these were mob days, and jerry lewis and dean martin got a lot of "help" from the mob.

the call goes like this "hey vito, this is jerry. my kid put a group together and wants a little help getting on the radio. what can we do for him?

i read jerry lewis' book.

If I have really butchered songs to this extent....... I forgive you for all the criticisms............... :cool:

Try listening to any live performance when Willy Nelson, Johnny Cash and kris kristofferson get together. Even if one or the other is on key you cannot tell. (I think alcohol may be involved. :) )

David Allen Coe. Almost always flat, the clunkiest articulation. But man, what a song. He didn't even write it but he made it famous.

But I always liked his attitude. A manure-kicker from way back.