Critique/Review; "The Point of No Return" from Phantom of the Opera

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and am looking for some feedback, critique and review of me singing "The Point of No Return" from Phantom of the Opera.

A little background on me... I'm 29 years old and have always loved singing in my car and in the shower but only a month ago I took my first formal singing lesson. I've had 4 lessons since then and even just the first glimpse at the world of singing technique (previously unknown to me) has made me so excited to think how much enjoyment I can get out of singing as I continue on in life.

I really loved the 2004 movie rendition of Phantom of The Opera with Gerard Butler, and The Point of No Return is the song I chose to work on. I know there are many other more classically trained Phantoms than Gerard, who sing with better technique, but I'm trying to mostly replicate Gerard's rendition just because I like it so much.

http://youtu.be/8TwDj6c8bSo

This video I uploaded is a pretty accurate representation of my average attempt at this song. The areas I have the most trouble with in this video are the same areas that I usually have trouble with, so any help you can offer would be immensely helpful to me.

thanks a bunch,

Jimmy