Critique of young baritone/bass

Rate this topic

Lavishous

Would love some opinions and critique on this sample. Tried to capture a bit of the southern bassy effect while doing this but it's tough being from Philly and 17 yrs old. By the way, I know things get a little pitchy at the bottom end in the G to A range.

Are you singing it a octave lower by choice or limited ability?

By choice, I thought it'd be interesting. I also find that in the original octave there are some parts that are mildly high for me (G3-C4 range) that I have trouble maintaining a rich low tone on. So in order to keep the Johnny Cash sound I tried it an octave lower.

Interesting.

I reckon you could still get the classic "Johnny Cash" ring and stay to the original octave. Just round the sound a little.

To me the low notes are too low for you or simply could be you don't have the coordination yet to get them in place.

This is how I'd approach it https://app.box.com/s/66gshmgz3fc4tqrvzhbe

Starting to find it hard to get those low notes,used to be able to rumble around E2-G2. My speaking voice has sort of shifted from C3-E3 up to around F3-G3.

Interesting.

I reckon you could still get the classic "Johnny Cash" ring and stay to the original octave. Just round the sound a little.

To me the low notes are too low for you or simply could be you don't have the coordination yet to get them in place.

This is how I'd approach it https://app.box.com/s/66gshmgz3fc4tqrvzhbe

Starting to find it hard to get those low notes,used to be able to rumble around E2-G2. My speaking voice has sort of shifted from C3-E3 up to around F3-G3.

Wow, that was some great singing. I'll see what I can do a little later and try out the original octave. Thanks so much for your opinion!