Audioslave gasoline cover + video

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here's a video (I recorded a practice session today and shook around like an idiot)... The editing is very half assed. I chopped out a lot of bits where there was noise, left some, compressed the hell out of it etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D_k9CZYO-o&feature=youtu.be

Now embedded. Thanks Ron!

Sounds really cool. I enjoy listening to it.

On the words "burning that" you have a very professional sounding tone which is very cool.

On the highest note you sometimes have a lot more scream in the sound than the actual note which is also very cool and unique sound.

The only suggestion I could make from my own knowledge is you could try sounding less Cornell-ish on the verses and lower/softer notes. I'm hearing your uniqueness in the screamier stuff but at other times I can hear you're trying to imitate Cornell whereas you could try a slightly different tone that is more true to your voice and stems from a broader plethora of influences

I can't really comment on technique, there may or may not be issues with it, I'll let someone else more knowledgeable about intense singing comment, but stylistically it is great.

Thanks guys!

I think I'm going to redo it today, in a more pro way. Better video footage and better takes.

I don't think there are issues with the technique. I didn't lose my voice or feel discomfort or anything.

Next time I'll try to do the verses a bit more cornelly perhaps, and jump around a bit more. ;)

I might also do 'like a stone'

Thanks guys!

I think I'm going to redo it today, in a more pro way. Better video footage and better takes.

I don't think there are issues with the technique. I didn't lose my voice or feel discomfort or anything.

Next time I'll try to do the verses a bit more cornelly perhaps, and jump around a bit more. ;)

I might also do 'like a stone'

WHOOPS I MEANT LESS CORNELLISH

sorry

Boy one word can really change the meaning of a comment completely, edited my earlier post. Hope you didn't record the new version yet :o

Try the verses sounding more like you, LESS cornell-ish. That's what I meant to write.

Thanks Gneetapp ;)

Owen - you really think it's too cornellish? IDK I usually try to go for imitation as much as I can. But lately I haven't been benefiting from the audioslave covers. I think I need to try and imitate another singer/achieve another skill.

I'm still high-note handicapped and don't know if that will change, so I'm thinking about exploring the contemporary technique a bit and learning to use 'head voice' 'mix voice' etc. Though from what I've heard, it's a bit of a 'strengthening' process.

Step away from the "Cornell"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I am the anti - cornell ..." well that's got a crappy meter to it ...

I will think of more, later.

Thanks Gneetapp ;)

I'm still high-note handicapped and don't know if that will change, so I'm thinking about exploring the contemporary technique a bit and learning to use 'head voice' 'mix voice' etc. Though from what I've heard, it's a bit of a 'strengthening' process.

High-note handicapped?! I seriously doubt that! Cheers! :cool:

Haha. Yeah I do have to step away for a while.

@Gneetap it's more just the inability to thin out that's getting me. It's like too thick or too thin with me. And I never learned head voice mix voice technique so there are some thing I can't do. (screechy stuff) I got pretty close with this cover, but it's still a bit more growley than screechy.

Adoney it's cool that you are not afraid of imitating singers but it's a good idea to develop a sound that's a combination of multiple top favorite influences and embracing your natural strengths - to form into this kind of default voice that works for most music you want to sing. Then from there you find a balance of imitation per-song and that default voice, never going too far in one direction or the other. At least that's what I try to do.

Good job, love the sound of your vibrato on the verses, and I don't think you sound too Cornell'ish. Keep on screaming

Norwegian artist & composer: [url=https://www.facebook.com/thomashofstadmusic]Facebook[/url], [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/trommetom]YouTube[/url], [url=https://soundcloud.com/the-thomas]Soundcloud[/url]