A weird question...

Rate this topic

Sandro

Recently while singing I found a weird effect where I sing trough both my nose and mouth(at the same time)

Ppl who heard me say its a kind of a "haunted" voice,I mean,almost like an echo within the resonators.

Could this be damaging,and/or should i keep applying this "effect" while singing?Any opinions?

Well I do not know exactly what your doing lol can you post a sample? Anything done with proper parameters won't hurt. I am assuming you have found a way of using your chest voice and the harmonic head tone separately but at the same time not unheard of, although kind of strange in male voice. High soprano's have this occur the harmonic overtones actually split into the harmonies and it sounds like multiple voices although not encouraged in Opera (you want that all blended into one even voice there) it can be a cool effect for other styles, i have not yet seen anyone fully develop and sustain this as a style. I would assume congestion or climate would greatly effect the continuous usage of such a style as it would cause one or both of the voice emissions to choke.

Done that on a gig,and Im gonna post it as soon as I get that recording stuff(should be in the next few weeks,probly the very next one;)

And you exactly described it,multiple tones can be heard,and i assume its high harmonic head with a form of belted chest,and

I must say,thank you very much for explaining that to me:)

Think Im gonna use it sometimes from now on,could get handy I suppose:)

Done that on a gig,and Im gonna post it as soon as I get that recording stuff(should be in the next few weeks,probly the very next one;)

And you exactly described it,multiple tones can be heard,and i assume its high harmonic head with a form of belted chest,and

I must say,thank you very much for explaining that to me:)

Think Im gonna use it sometimes from now on,could get handy I suppose:)

I can hardly wait to hear it. :cool: