RUN TO THE HILLS video cover (fixed)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Okay, Gneetap! I fixed the choruses :D

I also did this early in the morning with no warmups or anything.. so that my voice is as fresh as can be, not worn out at all.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFKDCYLUYmE&feature=youtu.be

Okay, Gneetap! I fixed the choruses :D

I also did this early in the morning with no warmups or anything.. so that my voice is as fresh as can be, not worn out at all.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFKDCYLUYmE&feature=youtu.be

Hi Adoney, just to clarify, there was nothing to be fixed on the previous cover. But this one is just pure A.W.E.S.O.M.E.N.E.S.S. :cool:

O.k. How the heck can you sound this good in the morning with no warmups?! This is really amazing to me. I've got to try one of these mornings to have my breakfast, some warm water and just sing. I'm pretty sure I won't get far...hehehe ;)

Now seriously Adoney, really good job man, and I feel honored that you took into consideration my humble remarks. I even feel inspired to try to cover this song, which I like a lot, but I just think my voice will not sound good, as it is a bit thin and metallic. Well, someday, maybe.

Cheers!

Thanks Gneetap ;)

Well, about the warmups... I find that they just wear me out more than they help. But they do help some people more than others! That was actually cold water.. that's why my voice was a little stiff at the very beginning haha.

I will check it out if you do cover it :)

OMG!!! This is awesome!!! :D, but I guess you hear that a lot..

I am almost embarrassed by the version that I had posted!! I have such a long way to go!! I learnt the concept of "mix voice" only a few months ago, so I am hoping I can improve more!!

Couple of questions.. How long have you been singing.. Your mix voice is so exceptionally strong at the high notes for a low baritone.. Is this purely a question of practice?

How do I improve the final mix?

OMG!!! This is awesome!!! :D, but I guess you hear that a lot..

I am almost embarrassed by the version that I had posted!! I have such a long way to go!! I learnt the concept of "mix voice" only a few months ago, so I am hoping I can improve more!!

Couple of questions.. How long have you been singing.. Your mix voice is so exceptionally strong at the high notes for a low baritone.. Is this purely a question of practice?

How do I improve the final mix?

Thanks!

First of all, don't be embarrassed. the first run to the hills cover I did was just plain awful. I have been singing for maybe 4 years, but the first year didn't really count, since I was singing everything really nasally and in falsetto half the time. Also, I don't use mix voice, so I can't help you with it. I use a different technique that allows you to push your voice up with the diaphragm without thinning out or breaking that I like to call 'orrendo canto'. ;) But even with this technique it did take me a while to develop the strength to pull off maiden songs. There are different muscles at work, but muscles all the same. But it's basically more about discovery; you have to experiment with your voice and figure different things out. That's where covers and imitations come into play.

Adoney, I have a question about your 'orrendo canto'. I recently posted a cover here in which I failed, again.

I was given some good advice and tried some of the things suggested. But then I thought I would be a Smart *ss and sing in a voice totally different from mine. I call it my old man voice. I have found that singing this way a natural vibrato kicks in. In it I am sending alot of air through the folds but allowing the false folds to "Cut back" the escape of air. It has a similer sound to your lower notes. I was wondering if this may be close to your technique or am I way off the mark agin.

And Yes this recording was better than the last. And last was better than I have heard from most singers.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Thanks MDEW! It would be hard to tell if it is the same without hearing it. Do you have any recordings??

With my technique the vibrato isn't automatic though. You have to pulse the diaphragm like you are laughing.

I am not putting as much "force"(not the right word for this) into it as you are. Just enough to create the diffused windy overtones(or undertones) and back pressure. Very hard to put into words.

As are all vocal sensations

True. Other sensations from this are my neck feels as if it is expanding(making more room) from the back pressure and the ribs feel as if they are expanding also. Not that I am trying to do these things they just happen from the pressure. It is not major pressure that seems to be unhealthy just enough to feel it.

Awesome as usual!!! I like 'orrendo canto'. http://speedydeletion.wikia.com/wiki/Orrendo_Canto

Orrendo Canto is a proposed vocal technique that has also been referred to as 'perfect support' or 'true belting' by some singers. The name 'Orrendo Canto' (Italian: Horrible singing) is a play on words that contrasts with the popular technique 'Bel Canto' (Beautiful Singing); though the actual sound can be seen as typically neutral. Depending on the resonance, the singer may use the technique to resemble a Bel Canto effect. It is designed to achieve optimal support and compression via restricting the airflow with the use of several muscles located below the jaw and above the larynx, and naturally increasing sub-glottal pressure.

The proposed technique is sometimes said to be capable of initiating both the normal vocal folds and vestibular folds simultaneously, though the research here is scarce. Oftentimes this method of support is initiated with vestibular folds in Tuvan throat singing to optimize air flow. With the true vocal folds, perfect support prevents the falsetto register from taking over the notes higher than the individual's chest voice. The increase in sub-glottal pressure within the singer's natural range allows the use of the technique within classical music, and is attributed to the effective broadcasting of the voice in large spaces. The intense amount of support proposed by users of the technique also makes the transition to falsetto register a physical impossibility unless the support is ceased.

MultiphonicsEdit

Another proposed capability of this method of support is the production of two notes at once without the use of overtones. These techniques have been used in contemporary experimental music on occasion. The scientific research in this area of singing is nonexistent - and for good read. Though, the increase in experimental music in the past few decades has shown an increase in unorthodox vocal approaches - this amongst the bullshit. Orrendo Canto singers who produce multiple notes are sometimes capable of controlling both notes independently.

Thanks Analog. That descibes exactly what I feel is happening. How I used it before was the sound coming more from the vibration of the false folds than the true folds and it felt like too much pressure to use with normal singing.

So I never tried it with real singing until last night. But you can go so tight with the false folds as to produce a whistle sound this WILL hurt the vocal folds. I did that a few years ago trying somethng else.

• Administrator

That is simply "Kick Ass" !!!

Here I go yet again >>> I'm seeing some really good videos here in the forum and I find myself asking the members to upload them to the "Social Media" section as well.

Adon,

Here's a quick link for you to upload the video >> http://www.themodernvocalist.com/video/video/newWithUploader

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

I would like to hear an example, mdew. I could let you know if it is the same.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I want to upload this publicly.( It's still private on YouTube)

I may not get a chance to record for a couple of days but when I do I will send something to you. It may only be regular support that I stumbled on but for the last few hours I have been singing notes that I could not sing before without feeling like I was squeezing and forcing things. Even though this is a kind of force being applied it feels as if the pressure is doing the work at the vocal folds not me.

Thanks Gneetap ;)

Well, about the warmups... I find that they just wear me out more than they help. But they do help some people more than others! That was actually cold water.. that's why my voice was a little stiff at the very beginning haha.

I will check it out if you do cover it :)

When you warm up, start out by doing them softly and with no strain at all. Warm ups are not designed to be workouts.. When you go jogging, you stretch first. Like any physical activity, warming up just makes things go easier. Working out, on the other hand, can be strenuous. Try doing some easy warm ups just loud enough to not be airy. My $.02

Also, awesome cover dude! Where did you learn orrendo canto? as far as I can tell, there are no orrendo canto teachers in the states where I live.

www.drop-head.com

I invented it! :lol:

Not really, there are a handful of singers who use it.. but I figured it out myself. But I have pretty much given up teaching people... Because they always want to learn 'head voice' and it's a full 180, so usually it's tough enough to teach people the technique.

How did you figure this out for yourself? Was there like one exercise you did that made it all come together (mentally, or sensationally) for you?

www.drop-head.com

The whole head voice mixed voice thing never quite worked out for me. I tried, really. But orrendo canto is much more natural for me. Unfortunately, it still doesn't provide the high range that I've always wanted, but I try to get closer every day

Haha! Adoney, I really like you and your singing. You're the metal king around here; no question (seen more of your clips etc)

I'm intrigued by orrendo canto though! Never heard of that, and all that text analog copied don't say me much.

You say you had problem with mixed vocals and turned to orrendo canto. I'm having trouble with it myself.

You have much lower voice than me, but is "for your life" an example of O.C or is it proper "head voice" (I can't remember the correct term haha)?

Or is "galloping" in "galloping hard on the plains" an example of O.C?