How to improve her voice

Rate this topic

Hi, I've been searching for forum where I can ask for advice to improve the voice of my daughter and finally I found this forum. I been doing home recording lately because of my 13 years old daughter and now that she has some songs (cover) recorded in actual studio, I would like to hear what do you think of her voice, which part/weaknesses need to improve and how. Link on youtube is here:

and also here

BTW, I'm new here and hope to meet new friends.

Thanks in advance

Bebot

She is very very good. Actually she nailed those songs. The only way in which she could potentially improve is in learning other stylistic approaches. But she would have to find interest in learning other styles of music, which a lot of singers don't. It doesn't matter, she's got the pop vocal style down. 5/5

Thanks Adoney. Good to know. Actually, sometimes her voice vibrates when she sings "head voice". Check 0.56 to 0.57 on the second song and also at 1.01. I'm not sure if that is good or not and how to avoid it. She said she can't.

Thanks again Adoney. I've been Googling on this issue and I found out that there are many other singers out there who have similar issue but this is perhaps a good thing. See what I've found:

http://music.stackexchange.com/questions/9839/how-to-control-unintentional-natural-vibrato-in-singing

and

http://music.stackexchange.com/questions/2047/how-do-i-develop-a-good-vibrato?rq=1

Hi Phil, You are absolutely right. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure to her that's why she's not taking my advice most of the time. Yes, I should let her enjoy and have fun singing. Thanks a lot for the post. I will definitely remember that. I just watched some of your videos on your Youtube channel. Good stuff. I'll share the link to my daughter.

Thanks again

I agree with Phil. Just let her have fun.

What you could do at this age (13 right?) I think is just to diversify her audio input, haha. Just show her lots and lots of music. From 60 and 70s rock, pop, jazz from the 50s, pop from the 80s, opera, R&B, funk and even metal from all ages. She will develop as an artist that way as she will listen and like a lot of stuff.

She will try to imitate singer's sounds that she likes and she will build eventually a strong personality in her voice, with her own subtleties and character. By the time she's 20, she will have great technique and her creativity will be itching to make up stuff by herself, haha.

Haha, Thanks Xamedhi. I definitely Agree, diversify her audio input and let her listen lots of lots of music. Perhaps, encourage her to experiment with creating her own songs as Phil suggested and find her own style. She may enjoy it, hopefully.