Live vs. Rehearsal vs. just working out

Rate this topic

So- I tend to notice that for shows, my voice seems to generally work okay.

However, during rehearsals or just vocally working the tunes I do (not at a show), the voice doesn't work the way it should.

Do any of you guys deal with this? It's almost like a bit of extra adrenaline makes things work as they should, but when not in that situation, not so much.

Drives me nuts.

live, with the audience and the ambiance and the atmosphere it lends itself to you getting psyched up.

isn't that the fun part? i don't sing full out in any rehersals..but you have to insert the mental component.

Because in exercises and rehearsals, you are worried about technique and trying to control everything at once to "craft the perfect performance."

At show time, however, there are no do-overs. Go big or go home. Sink or swim. And that can actually be relaxing. Seriously, I have always had applause singing live. Recording, however, uh, mas or menos. I have red light syndrome.

when I get to the gig, I'm in a panic because the voice hasn't worked the way it should up to that point. So we start playing and it seems to work, but it should be working the same outside of the gig (rehearsals, etc). It messes with the confidence for sure. COULD be a warm up thing, but I have my doubts about that.

mas o* menos :P

still im surprised that people know terms like those xd

the few things you remember from 7 years of terrible Spanish instruction.

They teach it so awfully in America. It's like 4 out of 5 people don't remember more than a few phrases or words if you ask them about it years later.