Opinion on my voice ?

• TMV World Legacy Member

https://soundcloud.com/someonesomewhere123/iron-maiden-wasted-years I know that the quality sucks but i think u can hear me even with the noise in the background,what do you think ?btw I started singing 2 months ago

Checked out your songs. You sound like every other beginner. Is someone training you to sing, or are you learning by yourself? If you are training yourself, then you need to learn how to breath properly, and how to warm up. You have a pleasant tone to your voice, and even though you are singing these songs much much lower than the original artist, you seem to have a good ear.

www.drop-head.com

Ye I play piano for 10 years,I learn it by myself but I don't get the proper breathing technique,I would like to learn it myself but I dont find anything working on the web,I can actualy breath correctly when not singing but I don't know how to apply it to the song,what do you mean by saying every other begginer ?

I mean all beginners sing with little confidence. When you breath, keep your chest "puffed" out a bit, and you should feel expansion in your belly, sides, and back (instead of your chest going out and in). Try to keep breath flow constant and even, and try to use as little air ad possible when singing.

www.drop-head.com

Keith is right that you are singing at least half an octave, if not more, lower than the original. In and of itself, that is not bad. A cover is not a tribute and you are playing on one guitar. I change keys to suit me, as well.

However, your delivery is more conversational, a sign of lagging control of breath. Or breath support, as others call it. And it is only subtly different than what you do for speach. Also, herein lies the danger of covering a song so well known by others, most especially, the denizens of this forum.

But not without precedent. Fellow member Jonathon did a cover of "Wasted Years" in his own style, which sounds a lot like Chris Cornell.

There has always been lots of discussion and various technical terms bandied back and forth on breath. I like to simplify it to motion in the abs, when necessary.

As far as presentation or emotion, I have to admit I am more used to Bruce's delivery, which does not seem as "self-assured" as yours. Not saying that is bad. Just like, a number of people like Steve Balsamo's "timid" version of "Gethsemane" whereas my version, that of a rebellious child, is "an aquired taste," so to speak.