Do I wanna know - Arctic Monkeys

• TMV World Legacy Member

I like it. What are you recording on, a cellphone? the sound gets clipped, somewhat. Nothing wrong with your singing, just wondering about the recording. Trust me, I have had people say similar things to me. "Not bad ronws, for using a soupcan and string."

I listened. I don't think anything too bad was going on with your voice. I was thinking that something was off though.

I am not familier with the song so I listened to Artic Monkeys. They are only using a few notes on the guitar for their background music. I am thinking that some of the guitar chords were wrong, or maybe you were strumming Full chords when you should have been using just 2 note chords. Perhaps you played a Minor chord when it should have been a Major.

Did you work out the chords on your own or did you look them up on the internet?

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

• Administrator

Yeah,sound sucks,but that's the best I can do,I actually have shure sm58 but dunno how to connect it to the computer.

don,

Here's some help..... Check out the following links >>

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/blue-icicle-xlr-to-usb-mic-converter-mic-preamp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/shure-x2u-xlr-to-usb-microphone-adapter

Regards,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

Hey, Don, if you can swing the finances or, like me, sell your soul to Satan, ( \m/ ), get a decent usb interface, like the m-audio m-track. I got mine for about $100 USD in Sherman, Texas, not too far from where I live. Basically, an interface that allows live adjustment of output volume and live monitor. Plus, mine has XLR inputs, so, I spent a little more money and got an XLR - to - XLR cable to directly jack my mic's in with minimal line noise (xlr is balanced and shielded.) So, really, all you need is a good usb interface and cable that jacks your mic into that interface.

I found out what was striking me as odd. You have the correct chords for the key you are singing in. You are using a slightly different strumming pattern. Even though I am new to this song I was imagining a different strumming pattern for an acoustic accompaniment to fit that guitar lick.

What you are doing is not wrong only different.

I found an acoustic version of Artic Monkeys. They are playing 1 step higher than you are. They are in the key of Gm. and You are in F#minor.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

• 4 weeks later...

I'm liking your rocker feel. You picked a song that suits your voice. When you're comfortable with it, it would be cool to attempt the higher range bits of the song! Also, (I wasn't sure if this was a stylistic choice) but when singing, try singing right on top of that note, right through it rather than sliding into the pitch. Hope this helps!

- vocalist at http://www.northfultonschoolofmusic.com/

I love this song- I agree the chords are a little weird here. A teeny bit flat on some notes, but I'm just being picky. The slur on your words is a stylistic thing, for the rocker feel, but I wouldn't do it so much so as you lose what you're saying. It becomes annoying to a listener when you suddenly can't discern words. The slur is fine- just don't overdo it.

Anyway, that's all I can think of. You sound fantastic! Good sound choice.