I will always love you cover!i need your honest opinion

Rate this topic

First, it's nice to have more russians here. Jugulator has been carrying the load for quite a while. And we need more women in here, as well. As well as the social media site. It's easy to get an account there. If you don't know how, do a search for Adolph Namlik, the admin, he can set you up fast and help you get your video uploaded and featured there. The media site is like a "Facebook" for singers. All it takes is an email address and a password of your choosing, just like you did to get in this forum. And thanks to the generosity of Robert Lunte and the help of advertisers, it doesn't cost you anything.

You can obviously sing and have great command of different textures.

So, let me start out by saying that I am an old guy and remember when the original, sung by Dolly Parton, came out and that was all I heard of that song. Then, Whitney Houston did a hugely successful cover that I liked, though I still prefer the Parton version, because of my own aesthetics, personal preferences. So, I could not offer any technical advice, you have good pitch.

All I could do is offer stylistic advice, important only to me. I prefer a simpler vocal line without so much melisma. You did fine, I just like the "country" version better. Which is something you have to expect from an audience. And don't worry, I have left listeners here confused, as well, when I did a song my way.

So, my best advice, keep doing what you are doing. I know a swedish guy in the media site doing really good covers of Gordon Lightfoot songs, something you might not expect.

Also, as far as the recording, I would have preferred less echo but again, that is personal choice of mine, as a part of the listening audience.

• Administrator

SWEET :) :cool:

Welcome, viki.... Sending you an invitation to join the Social Media Section of The Modern Vocalist World.

Here's a quick link to upload your videos >> http://www.themodernvocalist.com/video/video/newWithUploader

Warmest Regards,

Adolph

You sound pretty good but I think you went a little too strong with the fancy stuff and effects. Get a good handle on the singing stuff first and after you have better control start adding some of the extra runs.

Singing is not about the fancy runs. If not handled correctly they just take away from the singing.

Your voice sounded really good and you do not seem to have a trouble with pitch. My advice is to concentrate on the song not the effects.

Excellent job! Beautiful voice! The Delay / Reverb was nicely done, but too high in the mix and taking away from your voice. Bring that down. Also - nice video production, but that pop filter is covering your face too much! I know you need it to record, but if you want to make a good video I think you're going to want to show more of your face.

following up on geno's point, a great way to show more of your face is to film from the side - a profile view. that way the pop filter doesn't cover your face at all and we can see one side of your face with nothing blocking it. most vocal covers i've seen use this camera positioning.

I would like to switch between airy and more clear edgy voice to give emphasis on certain parts, specifically: all you dreamed (of) / wish to you (joy) / and almost the whole second part. Too much delay/reverb for my taste and you changed a lot the melody line, not always in a bad way but there were spots that were too much. Though the song is ok for the runs and trills i think you kinda overdid it. You have a classical tone on few parts that don't work that well for me with the rest of the performance.

Its apparent you have - a lot of - skills but i think you need to put them together better.

Ok here's my opinion. Firstoff i think this is a bad songchoice for your voice mainly because it's a big beltingact for girls and the way you sing it is very heady/falsettoish with alot of Air leaking through.

It's not the song for that.

Second your technique seams like it needs a polish and your voice gettting more grounded and refined, as it is now your all over the place both pitchwise and it sounds like your voice doesnt Quite know where to go.

With that said your tons better than when i started out and you can certainly improve tons more, try out some of the great coaches here it has made my voice tons better.

I Personaly reccomend The one and Only Robert Lunte, Daniel formica and Felipe Carvalho aint to shabby either.

Anyways good luck :)