I might be a millionaire one day

• TMV World Legacy Member

Title is obviously a stupid joke. Okay so I know I am probably terrible and I shouldn't have posted this video, but I realized whaaaatever. I have never shown anybody how I sing when I feel completely comfortable and recently I thought I would try. What do you think? I love singing but maybe I should stfu for good..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NOY3iBQYyE

It's not a joke. Bob Dylan, not my favorite singer, just had his lyrics to "Like a Rolling Stone" sell for the highest amount, ever. Higher than John Lennon's lyrics.

However, don't be afraid to open your mouth when you sing. Let the tone and volume get out. Obviously, you recorded this in the darkness of room somewhere, afraid that someone will hear. Well, get over it. Sing out and let people hear you. I don't care if you have a family that is not supportive. Grow a pair and let it out. Good song for your voice and style. And I was struck by the thought that you could do well with "Cool Kids" by the EchoSmith.

Especially the acoustic or unplugged version.

Also, you have the gumption to post a video. Seek out our admin, Adolph. He will get you set up in the main media site and get your video featured. This is for real. Let the world know your talent and share your passion.

It's not a joke. Bob Dylan, not my favorite singer, just had his lyrics to "Like a Rolling Stone" sell for the highest amount, ever. Higher than John Lennon's lyrics.

However, don't be afraid to open your mouth when you sing. Let the tone and volume get out. Obviously, you recorded this in the darkness of room somewhere, afraid that someone will hear. Well, get over it. Sing out and let people hear you. I don't care if you have a family that is not supportive. Grow a pair and let it out. Good song for your voice and style. And I was struck by the thought that you could do well with "Cool Kids" by the Echo Smiths.

Especially the acoustic or unplugged version.

thank you for your advice! You are right, I didn't even notice that! This video was just to find out if I have 0,11% potential or not :) I just like singing I am not planning to do anything serious about it, maybe just not be ashamed to sing in front of my friend for example. Thanks for your answer!

Sing, anyway. Of course, I have I an advantage. I have no shame. I will sing in front of anyone who does not run me off. Then, again, I am big and tall and scary-looking and people may be too scared to run me off. They are waiting for me to get tired and go away, of my own free will.

:lol:

Sing, anyway. Of course, I have I an advantage. I have no shame. I will sing in front of anyone who does not run me off. Then, again, I am big and tall and scary-looking and people may be too scared to run me off. They are waiting for me to get tired and go away, of my own free will.

:lol:

Hahahah that's the attitude I should use as well! :D

I liked it! I like your version better than the original! And yes don't be afraid to add more light and sing your heart out! If it's something you like to do, than be confident and go for it!

Gothic and Ambient Vocalist. Two albums "The Dark Masquerade" and "A Time Forgotten" available on my website www.destinibeard.com

I liked it! I like your version better than the original! And yes don't be afraid to add more light and sing your heart out! If it's something you like to do, than be confident and go for it!

Omg thank you so much! I am shocked, cause I was damn sure people will be like "never open your mouth again pls" and wow! thank you!

I like your voice a lot, and this is a sweet take on this song. I did feel like you were holding back, and to be honest the volume you're using here limits you to songs like "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat [which you would do really well on I think]. As for the singing in your house when there's people around, I just think if you're recording, no one else matters. Close the door and maybe soundproof your room, but focus on your vocals. I've noticed there's a huge difference when I spend time recording worrying whether or not someone is going to hear me singing, especially if it's not English, compared to when I just forget about everyone and concentrate on the lyrics and my vocals. There's improved support, improved happiness, improved everything. You won't improve by holding back. That's an argument I like to keep.

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud

• Administrator

Also, you have the gumption to post a video. Seek out our admin, Adolph. He will get you set up in the main media site and get your video featured. This is for real. Let the world know your talent and share your passion.

mmdct,

Listen to ronws.... :D

I sent you an invitation to join our Social Media section and am hoping you will join and upload your video.

For your convenience, here's a quick link to upload your video >> http://www.themodernvocalist.com/video/video/newWithUploader

Warmest Regards,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

No, usually, I am the one to get that. A respected member of this forum has told me that I need to start all over again, from scratch. So, you are already ahead of me, in that regard.

Great pointers for you listed above by the other posters. Work on those points, and you'll really excel...

Currently, you sounded nice -- pitch was good, tone was good, etc.. You definitely have something there, so don't be afraid to let it out..

Find songs that suit your voice, but also push you a bit (not overly) so you can grow your voice...

Cheers,

David.

Thank you guys so much! After your very nice comments, which I am very surprised (in positive way) I have decided to upload another video

except I also recorded this before your advice so it means I am not confident enough :c hope you will not find it as a problem. Okay thank you so much!

I can see better articulation and I see that you do what I call the "Lilli Lift," similar to what is described by Lilli Lehmann. The raising of the cheeks to help facilitate resonance in the maxilliary sinus area. Keep that up. And I think you did a good job with this song and your volume was better.

I can see better articulation and I see that you do what I call the "Lilli Lift," similar to what is described by Lilli Lehmann. The raising of the cheeks to help facilitate resonance in the maxilliary sinus area. Keep that up. And I think you did a good job with this song and your volume was better.

Oh thank you, it is motivating!