How To sing Hardcore Punk?

Rate this topic

kaszimir

PS im reposting this in attempt to get an answer but also because this part of the forum might be better for this.

Alright I can't sing for sh*t, but I want to sing hardcore punk BADLY. I'm thinking of forming a band or just creating it all single-handedly considering I won't find anyone else who agrees with the topics of the songs. I heard that its really only screaming (which I haven't tried yet) but if anyone has any was to improve the sound of my voice in this instance, please do drop a comment. Also im a teenager so dont post "a bunch of cigarettes and booze". PS im going for a Crass style with this band if that helps, not modern punk.

Hardcore punk is an attitude. Just do your best to mimick who you like. Test the waters if it hurts stop, if you lose your voice stop etc. experiment that's the only way. There are techniques I could show you but it will be uncomfortable as well so try on your own and have fun

Hardcore punk is an attitude. Just do your best to mimick who you like. Test the waters if it hurts stop, if you lose your voice stop etc. experiment that's the only way. There are techniques I could show you but it will be uncomfortable as well so try on your own and have fun

I would say the same thing. You can get away easily with cracks, wrong notes bad tone and anything else in this kind of genre. My only experience with punk is The Offspring and based on that, vocal technique is not your top priority (ok i admit they have very difficult songs but still). Lyrics and some catchy riffs will get you much further than awsome vocals.

I'd do what Daniel said, listen and mimic.

You could always say something to offend Henry Rollins. Then run really fast. Actually, that may not help the voice but it would be entertaining. When I think of Harcore, I think of Black Flag and Henry Rollins Group.