Critique my voice. What kind of songs should I focus on singing?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys,

I am still learning how to sing and trying to improve my voice. I didn't bother to learn the lyrics to the song, I just sang. I can't hit high notes yet.

Any tips are highly welcome! I always taught myself, do you also better to find a singing teacher?

Awaiting your critiques.

Here is the song: https://app.box.com/s/v91n8rv7uquflagu8qyh

I don't know the song, so I was going to ask if it is supposed to have that yodeling effecting of flipping to falsetto on the contrapuntal points.

You have a nice tone and I think you have the right "delivery" for r&b, though I don't follow that style.

As for teachers, there are many good ones here.

I do like the tone in your voice. I do have a few tips. If you wrote the song or not learn the words. It sounds better when you are not thinking up words on the fly. The song itself sounds pretty good. Another reason to write down the words and learn them.

I like the idea of killing two birds with one stone but if you are going to record in the shower for the acoustics........

I look forward to hearing more from you. Next time put effort into the song and the singing. Yes your voice does sound pretty good but the idea of singing is to tell a story or to effect an emotion from the audience. There is more to singing than making a pleasing sound. :cool:

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I do like the tone in your voice. I do have a few tips. If you wrote the song or not learn the words. It sounds better when you are not thinking up words on the fly. The song itself sounds pretty good. Another reason to write down the words and learn them.

I like the idea of killing two birds with one stone but if you are going to record in the shower for the acoustics........

I look forward to hearing more from you. Next time put effort into the song and the singing. Yes your voice does sound pretty good but the idea of singing is to tell a story or to effect an emotion from the audience. There is more to singing than making a pleasing sound. :cool:

Thanks for your insightful feedback. I am working on some lyrics right now.

I would like to hear a more polished sample from you, and perhaps something that shows more of your range as this was a limited display and therefore I cannot really comment on range-related recommendations.

Yodelling and diction need a bit of work, and your falsetto support could be stronger.

However the main thing I got from this is that you have a very lovely, soulful tone. Going off that I'd go for Omarion, Ne-yo, Usher, that kind of thing, y'know? You generally seem to have good pitch control too and stuck within your chosen key even in a capella, which is hard. There's natural talent there for sure.

Keep at it!

www.soundcloud.com/yuriee-1 - my soundcloud
www.youtube.com/user/princessgarnetxvii - my youtube
www.audio-city.net - singing forum! Join for competitions, feedback, and community.

I would like to hear a more polished sample from you, and perhaps something that shows more of your range as this was a limited display and therefore I cannot really comment on range-related recommendations.

Yodelling and diction need a bit of work, and your falsetto support could be stronger.

However the main thing I got from this is that you have a very lovely, soulful tone. Going off that I'd go for Omarion, Ne-yo, Usher, that kind of thing, y'know? You generally seem to have good pitch control too and stuck within your chosen key even in a capella, which is hard. There's natural talent there for sure.

Keep at it!

Thanks. I was thinking thesame thing. Definitely going to learn more from Omarion. Thanks for another insightful feedback.