Just started singing - need tips!

• 2 weeks later...
  • TMV World Legacy Member

You are almost speaking. Try making the phrases longer so it sounds like you are truly singing. Find some easy breathing exercises to make sure that you are breathing correctly while singing, this is something I am also working on.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I was actually going to use "Lying Is the Most Fun" as a song for feedback a few days ago, that's weird yet awesome.

I'm new here, and also here for the same purpose as you, so I don't want t give you uneducated feedback. I think you're a little sharp in comparison to how Brendon sings it, but other than that, I think it's good. I do agree with Mar that it sounds kind of like you're talking more than singing, and the verse of this song in particular is meant to sound like that, so maybe choose a different song or sing the chorus? Other than that, I don't know enough about singing to say anything more, I mainly wanted to praise you for the song choice. Sorry for being useless :$

I don't know the song, so it's tough to judge, especially a cappella. Do you have a recording with a background track?

The Aspiring Singer
Resources and inspiration for aspiring singers - from beginners to professionals
www.theaspiringsinger.com
Twitter: @theaspiringsing

your tone sounds decent but like someone already said you're basically speaking, maybe thats the song though? try singing something different and hold the notes longer