Megadeth cover "The Conjuring"

Rate this topic

A cover created from scratch. All instruments by my friend Tony Rhodes, all vocals and mix by me.

http://www.reverbnation.com/napoleonboot/song/21557248-the-conjuring

It would seem that Dave Mustaine is yet another person I cant sing like... I still sound like me!

As usual, constructive comment is welcome.

Even if it doesn't sound like Mustaine (and I've never heard the original of this song) it still sounds badass. I think your voice fits it well. A little strained on the higher notes but mostly full (look at me pretending I know what I'm talking about)

Anyway I just wanted to reassure you both your voice and instrumental are awesome.

Now honest answer, what effects did you use on the vocals? I heard what sounds like flanger on the opening, but on the main I'm curious if that's completely clean or not. Did you doubletrack?

Thanks for listening and commenting. I didn't double track, but I worked fairly hard in the mix a bit to give it the necessary richness.

Here's what I had on the intro vox (in order)

* compressor (soft knee config)

* valve pre-amp emulator (Crow VST plug-in)

* chorus

* flanger

* echo, different delays in both channels, with EQ on the delays to cut out the bass.

* reverb

for the the main sung section I used the same set of effects without the flanger, and with less extreme settings on them all.

George

Man, this song brings back memories! My first band ever played this song, and it is a monster to play on the drums! The guitarist missed some subtle but necessary riffing, but it's a great cover! Thanks for sharing!!