Did I sing on pitch this time? Dream On- Aerosmith

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0l9sJHdzv4B

link above is me singing Dream On by Aerosmith. I've posted this before and I sang too terribly. Hope to get some critiques again! Thanks.

Did I sing on pitch this time? And at the final phrase the insanely note after "dream on" is "ahhhhhahahah" sometimes I can sustain it till the end but sometimes I can't. Why is that?

Sorry dude, but you sang out of key 60% of the time. I truly believe the quality of your voice isn't bad, but you just have trouble singing the "right" notes. One thing I would do is work on training your ear, and match pitch on sustained notes. Honestly, some people just "know" how to match pitches and sing on key, because it sounds "right". I think this comes from being exposed to a lot of music at a young age.

But don't fret, try working with a partner that sings really well and has a good musical ear. He or she can sustain a note by singing, and you can attempt to try singing it with them. After that, ask them if you were matching the pitch or not :) This will help practice you "ear," allow you to know your voice better, and get you to develop a mental connection to sounds (being able to hear a pitch and exactly match it the first time).

No you're still way off pitch. You have some pretty severe pitch issues so it will take a long time to fix and if I were you I'd definitely work with a coach to help you develop your ear better. You may want to work on simple pitch matching notes on a piano first before moving on to songs. Record yourself and listen back. also make sure you are actually listening to the recordings you post here. If you listen to your own recording here, can you tell that it is off pitch? That is the first step. Try comparing this recording to the original song and listen to the difference, I think it will become very obvious to you how severely far off pitch you are. The good news is as long as you can start to recognize that, you'll be able to fix it as your technique and ear training improves.

try this video to start, practice the pitch matching exercise he suggests

the reason you can sometimes sustain the "Ah" sometimes not is probably because you are inconsistent about your breath management and cord closure there. proper breath support and cord closure will allow you to sustain it as long as you want consistently and then you'll be able to easily control that

Well its not sounding good man.

A lot of things are indeed out of pitch, but still some are on pitch so you are getting to match it depending on what is going on, you are having trouble to identify the intervals.

Take a song that is more simple for you, and try nailing down one phrase at a time, maybe using an instrument to help you. GL!

you are also under-energized which most definitely contributes to being flat most of the time. Try singing it with more authority in your voice and i'm sure you will match more of the pitches

Win7 - Reaper - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - [url]www.adammishan.com[/url]