Do I have potential?

• TMV World Legacy Member

So I've been working on my singing and although I'm still very far from where I wanna be, I would appreciate checking out my recordings.

I do want to improve my consistency, as I often find myself going back and forth between ''okay'' renditions, ''good'' rendition and ''great'' renditions. Unfortunately the latter never gets recorded!! lol

so here's in English

and in French.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa6zNex2eCI

Thanks again!

yes you do. you're already doing well so just keep practicing and you will improve even further. as for never getting the "great" renditions recorded, that's normal. In time what you call "great" now will become your future "good" singing that gets recorded all the time and you will have a newer "great" rendition that's even better, that never gets recorded. That's just the way it works naturally. You will keep improving but often your very best at the time won't be heard, but it will be heard later on! You just have to be okay with that.

The only way to really intentionally harness your very best singing is to plan ahead and prepare your voice very well to have a "great" vocal day by warming up correctly, eating well, sleeping well, hydrating well, maybe you'll find you like to meditate or go for a jog first, maybe you like to listen to your favorite singers to get inspired, etc. Preparing to sing great is a process of self-discovery and you'll get better at that over time as well. On a day you decide to record, try to do whatever you can to put your voice in tip top shape. You won't know exactly how to get it there at first but after you try this a bunch of times you'll eventually figure out what puts your voice in its best condition.

definitely a ton of potential! keep practicing. take care of your voice, hydrate (i love throat coat tea). You have a really good voice. and be confident!

Thanks man...

It's such a long and frustrating journey to get where one wants to be vocally... or at least it is for me!

GREAT potential! Very nice voice and very impassioned singing. It looks like you really like this song. I'm very impressed with your breath control. I like how you chose your phrasing. It seems to be a purposeful musical choice, and I really appreciate that. It shows mature musicianship.

Yes, it is such a long and frustrating journey.

Are you taking voice lessons? (Not spamming you. :) I don't currently teach lessons, but I found a few voice teachers online that I would recommend.) The reason why I ask is because you appear to get vocally fatigued the further into the song that you go. You flip into falsetto on the first chorus, which I thought was a brilliant musical choice, but then you start flipping into falsetto more with each repetition of the chorus. A good voice teacher can help you with fundamentals that will (over time) improve your stamina and strength.

Keep it up! You have lots of potential!

The Aspiring Singer
Resources and inspiration for aspiring singers - from beginners to professionals
www.theaspiringsinger.com
Twitter: @theaspiringsing

GREAT potential! Very nice voice and very impassioned singing. It looks like you really like this song. I'm very impressed with your breath control. I like how you chose your phrasing. It seems to be a purposeful musical choice, and I really appreciate that. It shows mature musicianship.

Thank you very much and yes I do love this song! The phrasing was indeed done on purpose! I really would like to improve my articulation though, it's hard to get the best feedback on such a poor recording device.

Are you taking voice lessons? (Not spamming you. :) I don't currently teach lessons, but I found a few voice teachers online that I would recommend.) The reason why I ask is because you appear to get vocally fatigued the further into the song that you go. You flip into falsetto on the first chorus, which I thought was a brilliant musical choice, but then you start flipping into falsetto more with each repetition of the chorus. A good voice teacher can help you with fundamentals that will (over time) improve your stamina and strength.

Keep it up! You have lots of potential!

No I never had any voice lessons, but I'm totally looking forward to getting some quality lessons. (I'm mostly self-taught through youtube and google).

You are right about the falsetto, I get the same feeling now that you've pointed it out.

Thank you so much for the input it's really helping.

Btw your website looks really nice and interesting!!!

Thanks for visiting my site! It's only a month old. I'd really love to build helpful resources for aspiring singers. Is there anything that you wish were available that would be super helpful?

If you don't already know about these guys, here are two more vocal technique resources that you might like.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bringmoshiach

His videos have only had a few views. I think he's brand new to creating these videos. He has a really nice singing voice and I think he has a very healthy approach.

http://www.voicelessonstotheworld.com

This guy also has a very healthy approach to developing the voice. His lessons appear to be more classical in nature, but IMO, everyone should have lessons that have solid fundamentals.

The Aspiring Singer
Resources and inspiration for aspiring singers - from beginners to professionals
www.theaspiringsinger.com
Twitter: @theaspiringsing

• 1 month later...

omg what kind of question is that? do you have potential? my answer is yes lol. i love your voice tone and the power that you have in your singing. keep it up dude! get a proper stuff for recording and you're ready to rock on youtube :D

omg what kind of question is that? do you have potential? my answer is yes lol. i love your voice tone and the power that you have in your singing. keep it up dude! get a proper stuff for recording and you're ready to rock on youtube :D

Thanks for the kind words buddy, I honestly wasn't expecting that!

Getting singing lesson, proper recording equipment and and the skills to use them are my next steps.