I'm not sure about my singing?

Rate this topic

I'm not really sure about my singing, I still think it's kind of childish and immature, some say it's good but it sounds wrong to me, and I can always find things I hate about it.

https://soundcloud.com/missaimee-2

Please check it out....

Great voice! Really good range and control throughout a good portion of your range. I don't think your voice sounds childish and immature at all. Quite a lovely sound. Take it easy on yourself.

I'm not quite sure what you think sounds wrong, but there are a few areas for improvement that I noticed, mainly stemming from (what sounds like to me) tension. You have a little bit of a tremolo vibrato. A natural vibrato would be slower and less fluttery. This could be a tension issue. There are also a few times where it sounds like you're straining to hit some notes even though they are well within your range. Again, possibly from tension. I would have to see you singing to get a better idea.

Some possible tension fixes:

Make sure that your chin stays level with the ground and that it doesn't crane up or forward as you reach for notes.

Bring awareness to your larynx and try to keep it down and relaxed. Don't let it stretch up.

Watch your mouth position in the mirror as you sing, particularly the jaw. Does it have good range of motion or does it tend to stay lock-jawed?

These are just a few tension problems that are typical in a lot of singers.

Hope that helps! Keep at it!

I think you did fine. You are really suited for the 2ne1 covers. You did well on "When a Man loves a Woman." Bolton's was a cover of the song that many have covered. It's funny, he used to be a hard rock singer and had 8 miserable rock albums and tours. Working on album #9, his producer begged and gambled with him to include his cover of "Dock of the Bay" and that was when he learned he really had a voice for soul and r&b.

Exactly why do you need to hate your voice? Is it necessary to de-value yourself to meet your family's image of you?

Singing is mental. Listening is mental.

• 4 weeks later...

Omg the My Immortal Cover is enough to make me fall in love with you!!!!

It's one of my all-time favourites and your voice is just too lovely, and not in a childish way. I know what you mean by ''immature'', I have the same feeling about mine, but it might be just the natural tone of your voice.