Latch- Sam Smith

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here is the first draft of my cover of Latch.

Any comments?

https://app.box.com/s/wiueeqyh1rzsxpo5f6c7

Win7 - Reaper - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - [url]www.adammishan.com[/url]

Flawless man, nothing more to say. I'm surprised no one commented on this top-notch performance... You had some of the hardest phrases to swell the mixed/full voice on and you just nailed it!

Wow thank you man. Yeah I have been working recently on getting strong cord closure to be able to swell into a full mix like that, thanks to my great vocal coach!

Wow! Really good. :)

I didnt like the original because of the autotune and muddy vocals but I really love your version.

Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

Really good. Sounds like it should be on the radio.

Edited to add:

Not say that I am a good singer. But there are times when I have put up a song that never received one comment in the first run.

And others that received one comment from the one or two other members that will admit to a passing aquaintance with some top 20 country songs. No, I am not a country singer but I do like some country songs. Then, again, I am an outlaw and evidently, I cannot be typed, even by mysef. I used to describe myself as a rock singer but that is not accurate. It seems I took too well the advice of a classical coach who helped me. He said, just be a singer, not a particular genre, so to speak. And the best singers I have liked would be able to sing whatever genre pleased them.

So, especially as we all have busy lives, don't worry if a thread didn't get much attention to start. I mean, I could blame it on you for NOT doing the umpteenth cover of "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden. Now, that would get attention. Heavy Metal covers always get attention, here.

That's just the way that it is. I have done a few covers by Dan Fogelberg, a singer-songwriter guy. And get one or two comments and let it go at that. Because I have at least reached an "audience" that appreciated it. And who is that guy? Most people only know him for the one song that got radio play everywhere.

"Same Old Lang Syne." At least for people my age, anyway. And yes, I am an old guy.

Really good. Sounds like it should be on the radio.

Edited to add:

Not say that I am a good singer. But there are times when I have put up a song that never received one comment in the first run.

And others that received one comment from the one or two other members that will admit to a passing aquaintance with some top 20 country songs. No, I am not a country singer but I do like some country songs. Then, again, I am an outlaw and evidently, I cannot be typed, even by mysef. I used to describe myself as a rock singer but that is not accurate. It seems I took too well the advice of a classical coach who helped me. He said, just be a singer, not a particular genre, so to speak. And the best singers I have liked would be able to sing whatever genre pleased them.

So, especially as we all have busy lives, don't worry if a thread didn't get much attention to start. I mean, I could blame it on you for NOT doing the umpteenth cover of "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden. Now, that would get attention. Heavy Metal covers always get attention, here.

That's just the way that it is. I have done a few covers by Dan Fogelberg, a singer-songwriter guy. And get one or two comments and let it go at that. Because I have at least reached an "audience" that appreciated it. And who is that guy? Most people only know him for the one song that got radio play everywhere.

"Same Old Lang Syne." At least for people my age, anyway. And yes, I am an old guy.

Thank you for the awesome comment and the heads-up on how things work around here! (I'm going to be honest, I have never heard of him...)

For those interested here is my YouTube vid for this cover! The best thing you guys can do is SHARE IT, thanks for your support!