I'm not dead... but done recording! (radio interview+songs inside)

Rate this topic

So my band's album is still on the way. I finished vocal tracking just last week, and guitar tracking before that. We played some rough mixes of stuff over the radio for Seattle, which you can check out here: http://media.kisw.com/a/96333388/metal-shop-s-backstage-pass-episode-21-ghost-ship-octavius.htm?q=ghost+ship+octavius

Interview starts at 16:54

First song starts at 20:25

Second song starts at 29:30

There's also some clips of other bits after that.

I hope you guys enjoy! These are by no means final. The guitars still have to be re-amped, and they're not really mixed to an extensive degree, but we wanted to throw out some stuff so that people were aware of what's been going on.

So as far the recording process for the album, I was screaming my head off for quite some time recording all of these songs (about 2 weeks I think), had some of the worst vocal days I've ever had, but just had to power through it and make it work. It was quite draining. Aaron is a great producer and we managed to make everything sound awesome. Everything from the vocal harmonies to the bass and rhythm guitar fills are all very carefully thought out and orchestrated, it's going to sound awesome.

jesus dude, your speaking voice is ridiculous! Talk about being able to tell you are definitely a true bass/baritone and not like the vast majority of guys who subconsciously force their voice lower than it actually is... I can't imagine what you'll sound like when your voice stops changing between ages 25-40:lol:

Man, I am so happy that your band is getting more exposure. I hope your album sells a lot. I love your voice and your singing, it's just so unique! Reminds me of Jorn Lande, although you don't go for a "bluesy" feel, instead you go for a "demon" kind of voice, haha, I just love it. I hope there are more songs with more distortion or even growls. ( Would love to hear also how classic metal high screaming sounds in your voice! :D )

Yeha, just remember us when you are all big-time and stuff. Actually, you won't have time to remember. Once your album, which I am waiting, catches fire, you will get up there and give the world what they crave, the amalgamation of all the sins of mankind represented in music.

Shout, shout, shout at the devil ....

Thank you gentlemen.

@Ronws, three bean salad? :lol: Try pork rinds with EZ cheese on 'em.

@Xamedhi, There are some performances with a more 'bluesy' feel, and some with higher notes, and some with growlier tonality (though never harsh lead vocals). I think I don't go too high above D5 on the album, but I never sing with an overly 'heady' tonality, so there aren't any particularly 'classic' screaming/woman falsetto sounding parts. ;)

Thank you gentlemen.

@Ronws, three bean salad? :lol: Try pork rinds with EZ cheese on 'em.

I respect the power you have. For I had not thought of ez cheese no pork rinds. Innovation, it is what youth is meant for and I can see that your youth is well-spent.

I will have you know that I have cleared rooms, before. And it had nothing to do with my singing. But, alas, the old man must relinquish the crown ....

I also ate a stick of butter while tracking vocals

Seriously, I wish I was there. I think we would have so much fun just cutting up and being miscreants. Something I have had decades of experience with. That's not a misprint. I said decades.

But it's nice to know that the younger generation is not lost. It is you who must carry the torch of debauchery forward.

@Adolph:

I have the same answer, it's still in progress ;). We had a few setbacks and whatnot but a lot of progress has been made. Our whole estimated date was offset by quite a bit and I only finished tracking vocals about two weeks ago.

So now the vocals, guitars, bass, and drums are pretty much done. It needs to be mixed and then sent out to you guys :)

But rest assured, it's going to sound awesome; we have put an incredible amount of time and effort into it.

(The rough mixes of two songs that are played in that interview on my first post are something to chew on, but the guitars still have to be re-amped, and all the rest of the mixing stuff needs to happen... And chris caffery of Trans-Siberian-Orchestra will probably guest solo on the second track:D)

• Administrator

@Adolph:

I have the same answer, it's still in progress ;). We had a few setbacks and whatnot but a lot of progress has been made. Our whole estimated date was offset by quite a bit and I only finished tracking vocals about two weeks ago.

So now the vocals, guitars, bass, and drums are pretty much done. It needs to be mixed and then sent out to you guys :)

But rest assured, it's going to sound awesome; we have put an incredible amount of time and effort into it.

(The rough mixes of two songs that are played in that interview on my first post are something to chew on, but the guitars still have to be re-amped, and all the rest of the mixing stuff needs to happen... And chris caffery of Trans-Siberian-Orchestra will probably guest solo on the second track:D)

Thank you ! :cool:

"Ate a stick of butter....." ? Oh man, that sounds disgusting !!! :lol: