support question

Rate this topic

nanom11

hey i just wanted to know if i always have to push hard my abs when singing or just when i get louder which usually are the belted high notes. it feels kinda tense if i delibertadly push hard when singing a normal tone and volume

you don't push hard for any of it. push is not a good word in singing.

expand.

you inhale low and expand all around your lower core lower core, the abs, the sides and the back.

what you need to develop is the ability to actively control exhalation.

bob finally coming around changing your idea of support..

nanom just breathe in, let it come in low and sing with a good onset and continue on the breath

nope....daniel, i've never said to "push" anything. but the expansion (down and out) can sometimes be engaged more.

i still believe that daily breathing and breath management exercises are key.

appoggio baby!!! lol!!!! breath management...on the way in, and on the way out.

Consistent air flow. The cords closing will create the pressure. The thinner the cords and smaller space for vibration in the higher notes will regulate the air pressure. IF the air flow is consistant.

My own problem is this notion of CUTTING BACK the air and GIVING enough pressure for the high notes. That is what most people who hear the term Support and the descriptions of it believe. When having trouble with high notes I would think that I need to cut back the air "Support" the voice. I would end up cutting off air flow. The opposite is what I needed for support. More air to going through the folds with enough pressure to make them vibrate.

When maintaining consistent air flow sometimes you will need to cut back and sometimes you will need more air.

nope....daniel, i've never said to "push" anything. but the expansion (down and out) can sometimes be engaged more.

i still believe that daily breathing and breath management exercises are key.

appoggio baby!!! lol!!!! breath management...on the way in, and on the way out.

thats the first time you called it breath management...don't make me find all your posts on pooping and holding your breath and adding tension downstairs etc. :D

thats the first time you called it breath management...don't make me find all your posts on pooping and holding your breath and adding tension downstairs etc. :D

be my guest..lol!!! i'd be surprised if you found the word "push."

okay, i'll stand by the sensation feeling very similar to defecation, absolutely, but not constipation lol!!!