Everything I own - Bread practice

• TMV World Legacy Member

Rockonwhichyabadself for singing Bread. Of course, only a few of us old hippies are going to know who the band was.

The second half of the song sounded more relaxed and closer to the intention of the original. That's my favorite part.

The first part of the song does not flow with my natural speech pattern. It felt odd at best to have the top note be on "To" in "You gave my life TO me..... That gives too much importance to the word TO. I would have rather stressed the word LIFE and had that TO become a passing note instead. So I concentrated too much on getting the melody close.

By the end of the song I messed up enough that it did not matter anymore and I could relax. :cool:

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Nice interpretation, MDEW, i loved this. Your recordings sounds great, got a "live" feeling in them.

They are for the most part "Live". I play the guitar and sing together. If I screw up on the singing I screw up on the guitar also. Then I have to rerecord from the beginning. I may add Bass or harmonies later but the core of the song is in real time.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."