The Sentinel by Judas Priest - with music and accapella - ! take

• TMV World Legacy Member

I got a little tired of singing alot of takes on one song so now i just sing a song, go with the feeling not thinking so much about technique or pitch. I made a video and i have some bad habits i think. Well, feel free to critique anything you notice. I have one video without music and one with but since i couldn´t erase Rob´s vocals totally i think it is a little distracting and therefore adding the accapella version too.

I like the version with the music more because it helps make the melody line make sense. One can never forget the harmonic relationships. I also liked the phlegm-clearing spit takes. The only thing at odds with it was the choral or peach colored t-shirt and the golf cap. Rob Halford might have come out of the closet but he still is hell-bent for leather. :lol:

Just kidding. Wear whatever is comfortable. Truth be known, when I was doing the second version of "Diamonds and Rust," I was wearing cut off camo's. (Formerly official US Army BDU's given to me by Spec Fisher, US Army after that pattern and designed was de-commissioned. My wife cut them to make shorts for me) and a black t-shirt.

What I think is serendipitous is that both you and I were recently inspired to cover songs done by JP. That must be some kind of magic.

Oh yeah, and, good job.

Thanx for listening, Ron. Hahahaha, yeah, you are right, my clothing style is not the one you prefer if you are a Judas fan but unfortunately i don´t own the leather and spikes type of thing :D I love Judas Priest and especially Rob Halford as a singer, he has grown on me the last decade and i think it is soooo cool that a guy over 60 sings these kind of songs and he is still freakingly awesome. I often get phlegm when i sing and i guess it is not something good, so far it is not affecting my voice, i am not hurt and i can hit high notes but it would be nice if i could reduce it. I have seen that James Hetfield often spits on stage and also suffers from alot of phlegm, is it common among top singers?

Respect!

I don't think it is anything to worry about. I find that singing helps clear my sinuses.

Of the few experts I have seen who warn against coughing stuff up or clearing the throat when necessary, none of them is working as a singer or has released albums.

As for working singers who decades-long careers, they don't worry about it.

Here is the advice of the biggest singers we know, consolidated to three steps that they all mentioned in Martin's book.

Rest.

Hydration.

Do what it is that your voice will, don't do what it will not do.