Attempting : Bed of Roses

• TMV World Legacy Member

Never done it before, but now I'm done.. haha. No more spamming videos. ;-).. Again, critique is always welcome, as I'm here to learn as well...

http://youtu.be/RR3TS207l9Y

Cheers,

David.

You are aiming your voice away from the mic, like at an angle. Try to sing into it more directly. You have a great voice for singing Bon Jovi. You go in and out of tune a bit, and I am not sure if it is because those particular notes are hard for you, or maybe you don't notice. Anyway, sounds pretty good to me.

www.drop-head.com

I agree with Keith in a few spots where the pitch was odd, mainly in the first half. Second half went well, I think. It's a tough song to sing because it spends so much time in the passagio area. I think you were distracted by scrolling your screen. What I usually do is if it is a song where I was unsure on the lyrics, I print them out and set each sheet side by side.

Thanks guys!

I was singing away from the mic, because I was trying to read the lyrics. That pop filter of mine was right in my view at at the time, I couldn't change the placement of the computer or the mic.. So great call Keith and Ron!..

I'm a little nervous now, since I Honestly did not hear (still don't) where I am off tune..

I know I must be, since you guys hear it, but nI don't hear it.. Maybe my ears hear stylistic alterations, but in fact they are out of tune :(... .

Can you let me know specifically (if you have the time to listen again) so I can work on fixing it...

Thank you both for your kind words as well.

Cheers,

David.

"Some thing that I long to believe" is one specific example. You dipthonged on the word, long. It became l-ah-aw-ng.

It created a tonal shift that sounded "pitchy", even if you your pitch was accurate. This took me a while to learn for myself and something I still work on, keeping vowels clean. Because the temptation is to sing as I speak, which is wrong.