Please tell me if I am passable and if you think I could improve

• TMV World Legacy Member

So here's the thing, I have been playing guitar for a while now but never really had what it took to try to sing, aside from humming a little while playing...

Yesterday I decided to try and I want to know your honest opinion, I want to know:

1.- Do I suck really bad? I know I just started and I need to practice and all that but... Is it as bad as those people in american idol castings and stuff like that that they don't know they sing bad but they suck and they all laugh at them? Would people laugh at me if I sang in front of them?

2.- Do you think I could improve? Should I sing higher, lower... That's kinda my normal voice, do people normally sing higher or lower than their normal voice?

Thank you very much!!

Here's the recording:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0rKq4LANMYP

• TMV World Legacy Member

as a beginner myself i would say u can improve alot...what u showed us here is just fine...good actually...it was a lil silent but from what i heard u stay on the pitch nicely and the general tone is ok...im sure that with practice u can improve dramatically and would be surprised what your voice can do...