Me (Nocturnal Rites cover)

Rate this topic

Here's the second cover of this weeks recordings. One of my all time favourite rock ballads.

I'd like to thank Jens here on the forum for teaching me distortion. Without him I'd never have been able to sing this the way I wanted.

• Administrator

Hi Marcus,

I've never heard the original, but I really enjoyed YOUR rendition !!! Great job ! :cool:

As for the distortion --- Nice :D

I also think it's awesome that you mentioned Jens.... That's precisely what this forum is all about - Helping each other !!! Very Cool of you to do that ! :cool:

Sincere Regards,

Adolph

Adolph, thank you very much for the nice comments!

Me and Jens go way back, and talk a lot of vocal technique over Skype. Have had a few sessions with him on distortion and that's had a massive impact on my vocal abilities.

Awesome, Marcus. And kudos to Jens for sharing with you. And I remember the time I had located a "TMV forum song" that you guys put down the first tracks to and then no one else had the huevos to join in. But that was still awesome. And then, you guys did another collab (or two?), later.

Ron, thank you very much!

Yeah, that tmv forum song never really got finnished. There were only 2 singers who ever contributed with vocals besides me and Jens if memory serves me right.

I think we've had quite a lot of collab songs up here. We still write music together. A bit harder when not living in the same country anymore though.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Marcus i just wanna say Im so impressed you pulled this off, not only have you after tons of hardwork tamed distortion but also using it in verycool way in this crazy song.

Your stepping up and singing the way we always dreamed of when we where younger! Congrats ;)

bono1982 thank you very much!

Jens thanks buddy, couldn't have done it without you.

Daniel thank you very much! Distortion singing have been something that felt very unachievable for me. Haven't had any natural rasp at all, always sounded very nice and edgeless. It's such a great feeling that all the hard work I've put in practicing rasp actually paid off :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ã…h, man tackar! :D

Really like Johnny Lindqvist, the original singer. Powerful voice and very nice distortion. Too bad they haven't released anything new in ages.

Ohhhhhhhh man, Nocturnal rites is awesome! I remember getting to know them by accidentally picking the wrong no-label CD off my very, very christian friend's brother's shelf. I'm an atheist, but obviously my friend's parents were devout, where as my buddy was a bit in between.

Threw us both the f* off that the CD was Nocturnal Rites' Sacred Talisman. I was like "wtf is this?! It's AWESOME! I WANT MORE!"

Lindqvist is just amazing, he's got a great tonality. And you nail this cover like a boss. Well done! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Khassera: Thank you very much for the compliment!

I discovered Nocturnal Rites when borrowing the "Afterlife" album from a friend (first album with Johnny singing). Blew me away. Bought all the coming cd:s after that. I still think they are great.

I thought I had actually answered you earlier, but seems it didn'nt post, and now my old account isn't working - hence the slight namechange here :)