Daniel- Latest recording

• TMV World Legacy Member

My original post didn't make it to the new forum. Thanks for your input. I rerecorded this with some of your suggestions.

I think the first recording was a little better. (because of my performance Not your suggestions).

Any comments welcome.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

This one sounds better. The words are better and you sound less "forced." Watch out for the word "much." It's got that evil "uh" sound in it.

I like your timing in this one, too.

I found myself still pronouncing Daniel as Dan yuhl.  Funny thing is I always pronounce that in speaking as Dan-you'll. More like a trip-thong than a diphthong.

• Administrator

My original post didn't make it to the new forum. Thanks for your input. I rerecorded this with some of your suggestions.

I think the first recording was a little better. (because of my performance Not your suggestions).

Any comments welcome.

I like this tune... perhaps articulate a bit more?  Its a bit mushy on articulation, but that may be the production a bit.. nice effort!

Here is a live version in case anyone is not familiar with it... 

Thanks for the video Robert. Interesting, his attack is quite aggressive compared to the album version.

By the way, Mdew, make sure to watch this and learn. You will sound much more authentic if you arch your right eyebrow every 15 seconds or so.....  :huh:

That is exactly the secret. Arch the eyebrow. Get a little bit of english midlands accent in.

ronws, on 14 Dec 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:ronws, on 14 Dec 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

That is exactly the secret. Arch the eyebrow. Get a little bit of english midlands accent in.

Thanks Guys, If you had seen my Avatar from the old forum you would realise that I already have the nose and you could not tell but my Hair is pretty thin on the top.  With Big glasses and Arched eyebrows I should Sound just like him.  B)

Thanks Robert for the comments.  I do have a problem with Mushy diction. I have a habit of talking low volume so only the person I am talking to hears me. That is something you really need to overcome when singing.

I agree with the improvement. Taken overall I hear more consistency. But I just like hearing you sing this song period. I can feel the urge to sing this song growing every time I listen. I know Bzean has already started, so you might have started a 'thing.'

If you want anything to work on, there is melissma on the section "Spain is the best place, he's eh eh eh ver been' that sounds like if focused on this technique you could iron it out a bit more.

Personally, I sang for many years without any of melissma at all and when I would try it I'd have a huge uncertainty with it. The song that forced me to learn it All I've Gotta Do By the Beatles:

Some people don't count Lennon as a very technical singer (he sounds more emotional than technical to me personally), but I would say he had one of the most beautiful melissma's I've ever heard and he was technically more skilled at this than Mccartney.

So take a problematic section and just focus on it: Whenever I-eye-eye-eye-eye-eyeeee eye.... Want you around yeah. All I've gotta 'doo- oooh-ooooh-oooh-oooh-oooh.' If you're like me, you have a much easier time changing between different vowels (heading for Spai eee eh ain) than riding the same one accurately. I'm not a master at this yet, but made a lot of improvements. Here's a little practice clip from a while back. If I could make progress, I bet you can too. Just keep working.

https://soundcloud.com/killerku/allivegottado-beatles-melissma-practice

It was pure fail for some time, before it started sounding coming together.

Nice work with this. This song is a regular part of my own acoustic repertoire, and I really enjoyed your interpretation. The flange on the guitar is a nice touch.