Sister Golden Hair-Practice

• TMV World Legacy Member

Some of you mentioned this song and it is in my GO-TO list of songs. Let me know what you think.

Any comments welcome.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Now that is a match of song and voice, with you sounding so close to the original. Not that sounding like the original matters but I think it is cool that you. And I was playing the drums in my head. I have always loved the drum fills and intros on this song.

I hadn't heard the original, so I took a listen for comparison. I second Ronws in that your rhythm guitar is swinging your voice man. I've got a cheap E-Drum Kit since I can't do 'real' drums in a pseudo apartment, and he's right, sounds like I could drum along to this flow, it's got a nice groove, not sure if it was click track or your natural rhythm, but it works.

Your vocal tone blends in well to the original and occupies a nice spectrum above the guitar. It sounds like the rest of the track could be built around it without too many EQ tricks. 

I'm glad you're working on your voice, to my ears acouple notes sounded a little off key from time to time, so if that's something you want to work on, thats the best I've got. But there is an authenticity in the delivery. I can hear 'life experience' in your voice, which personally I hear as different from 'singing technique experience.' I'd bet you'd have a lot of stories to tell, and a really unique perspective from an artistic standpoint. It's part of what drew listeners into Johnny Cash during his renaissance. There's something special about voices that have 'been there.' There's no technique, no way I could possibly fake it. I've been different places, and for less time.

My feeling is there is an artistic peak you might be able to reach, with just enough polish, just enough of wear. I think you're heading towards that zenith. You get to pour your soul out, and it's a privilege to hear you.

Thanks Killer and Ronws.

There really was a Sister Golden Hair. I try to find songs I can relate to. I could never Sell a song like Highway to Hell. I just do not have that type of outlook.

And even if I did not do such a good job on The Rose it Is still a song that I can relate to, A true story in my life. Maybe I have such a different view of the meaning that others cannot connect with my emotions.

Rons observations have already helped a great deal with my Pitch problems....Dipthongs....Uh....Hillbilly American accent. Some habits are hard to break.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."