All of me - John Legend

• Review My Singing Membership

Hi everybody , 

I'am new of this forum and I'm here to improve my singing ..

Here is my first video "all of me" of John legend  , please critique ma singing , good and bad things accepted ! ;)

• TMV World Legacy Member

I like this song better when you sing it. There's something about John Legend's presentation in his studio version that is too slick, too controlled, and too perfect for me. Everything is placed so meticulously it sounds like a manipulative and calculated ploy to win over the listener, like how a clever sociopath might write a love song knowing all of the right buttons to press to win over an audience. That's nothing against John Legend specifically, just this specific song's production and the way it came together in the studio.

But your version sounds really honest. Yeah your pitch is good, timbre is unique, but just 'honest' and I'm really happy to hear it. Anyone in particular you were singing too? Not saying you should say who, but to me it sounded like John Legend was singing more to his bank account or a groupie he was luring to bed, and you are singing to a real person either already there, or of your dreams. Cool, thanks for redeeming it for me. 

I don't feel particularly critical of the piece. The only thing I could say is you could commercialize it more so by making the pronunciations more "American' or whatever, but I'm from America and not a huge fan of cultural imperialism. We just happen to have largest portion of the world's ear, probably cause we are rich enough to market our apple pie around the globe. It doesn't mean other accents are at all inferior.

I like this song better when you sing it. There's something about John Legend's presentation in his studio version that is too slick, too controlled, and too perfect for me. Everything is placed so meticulously it sounds like a manipulative and calculated ploy to win over the listener, like how a clever sociopath might write a love song knowing all of the right buttons to press to win over an audience. That's nothing against John Legend specifically, just this specific song's production and the way it came together in the studio.

But your version sounds really honest. Yeah your pitch is good, timbre is unique, but just 'honest' and I'm really happy to hear it. Anyone in particular you were singing too? Not saying you should say who, but to me it sounded like John Legend was singing more to his bank account or a groupie he was luring to bed, and you are singing to a real person either already there, or of your dreams. Cool, thanks for redeeming it for me. 

I don't feel particularly critical of the piece. The only thing I could say is you could commercialize it more so by making the pronunciations more "American' or whatever, but I'm from America and not a huge fan of cultural imperialism. We just happen to have largest portion of the world's ear, probably cause we are rich enough to market our apple pie around the globe. It doesn't mean other accents are at all inferior.

Hi ! Thank you for having taken time to answer . I didn't sing this song for someone in particular , but my wife love this song ;)

Yes I know that I don't have a good accent , and I have to work on all my pronontiations .. I am from france , and we are considered as having the worst accent of the world in english , thus it is not easy but I still work on it .. 

that's a pretty good singing! I think you should just practice in having more volume and heaviness to your voice. Other than that, all seems really good!

Thank you for your comment , yes I can have more volume and heaviness in some passages  , but I did it voluntary lightly ..

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi ! Thank you for having taken time to answer . I didn't sing this song for someone in particular , but my wife love this song ;)

Yes I know that I don't have a good accent , and I have to work on all my pronontiations .. I am from france , and we are considered as having the worst accent of the world in english , thus it is not easy but I still work on it .. 

Reminds me of dialog from "Monty Python's In Search of the Holy Grail."

"Of course I am french. Where do you think I get zese outrageous accent?"

"I am seeking the Holy Grail."

"Yes, we've already got one. It's very nice."

Anyway, awesome that you sang this song for your wife. I think it helps give subtext and informs your feeling in the song.