Truly Madly Deeply chorus (critique)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi all,

I have been trying to teach myself to sing recently and am looking for some honest critique of my vocals, please no sugar coating whatsoever, if they are awful please say so!

I have recorded a short 30 second clip of me attempting to sing, please let me know how it sounds and if there's any areas that need improvement etc...

Thank you ever so much!

No sugar coating of any kind: it isn't ready for radio quite yet, but it isn't awful either. More than 30 seconds would be a lot easier to digest how to help you though.

Pitch was pretty good, harmonies were working, the voice was a bit 'edgy or pokey' which is partly production and partly your singing style which has a bit more of a nasal poke.

I'd need to know more about what style you're interested in. If you've interested in a Savage Garden style vocal, going into a lighter, headier voice, and doing a slight moan would be closer to this kind of sound. You could keep some of the nasality, but the phonation would be a bit lighter which would 'soften it.'

But what if you don't want ot sound like Savage Garden? And dude, 30 seconds, not enough. All I got. :D

Actually, only 22 seconds leaving the guitar introduction... 

To me you have good elements to start training your voice... your voice is nice and as killer said your pitch is also good

My advice for you would be to prepare a whole song you like and post in here so we can give you a better feedback

Please, review and critique my latest post: Donny Hathaway - A song for you

souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/matias-azar-