New Song I'm Currently Working On(Critique:P)

Rate this topic

Wow, I don't think a composition like this has probably ever been made before, ever. I love how you can explore these darker, mystic harmonies and still find beauty. You can shade the song different directions, without it turning into a horror story. I do feel more space and air in your delivery from the last tune, which gives it a different flavor, a bit less rushed on my ear.

I I really appreciate some of the increased dynamics in the vocal delivery. I feel like it's a wider emotional journey than the prior two songs. You've included your drawl from your first song, some the falsetto ish sections from the second which are very haunting and beautiful, but you also have a swelling subtle roar that really builds tension. I think that subtle roar is one that could really be expanded on. It's like your upper medium chest voice area. It's not a huge technical thing you're already doing it, but just when you boom a little into the song, it's like a storm is coming. Be aware your voice has that effect when you subtly shade that body and intensity.

I'll be listening to it more. Remember Ronws and his copyright advice, your music isn't immediate in the radio way, but it has authentic emotional pull on a listener and it probably is worth stealing, sadly. It stirs the soul. Thank you so much for sharing with us, Chapman. You're a true artist and I'm so happy you're writing from the heart. You've taken your Drake inspiration and you're making it your own and this is possibly the best thing you could ever do. I'd like to thank you for taking this to the next level. It really inspires me and I am sure it could really inspire others.

Edit:

I showed this to the same person who introduced me to Drake and I've been showing her your tunes. She says this is your best yet and she found it more 'immediate.' I'll keep her ears around for ya as you write for another opinion. A really good thing you have going for you, is  you're very prolific with a good writing ethic. It's shining through already. I envy it. I really do, if you keep writing, you can go somewhere.

I love it! specially the bridge which I consider very original. I think the main challenge for this kind of creations is not to fall in monotony... Keep on focusing on bridges like you did in this song and I think you never will. I would love to hear some strings in the final version, some piano; but keeping the minimalism your songs have

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys :)., I think you're right killer, I'll explore that register a little more(I use to sing up there and was able to get some interesting rasp, but I've lost control haha). I also took your advice to heart and really focused on creating breathing room in this song. I just purchased myself a beautiful new Martin 00015m guitar today, so I'll record these songs again(this time with an incredible guitar) and I'll keep you guys updated. You guys inspire me as well; when I see that people actual take an interest and encourage me it makes music so much more fulfilling and helps me to keep on track. Thanks bono I try to keep away from repetition and that drag factor, it's really an exciting journey to navigate through chord progressions too.