• TMV World Legacy Member

I don't know what you are recording on now. Cheapest thing might be a usb mic. Or get a usb interface and and a studio style condenser mic. I have, which was a gift to me, a Fame CM-1 condenser mic (less than $30) and I use that most often. Other times, I will make live recordings with my Zoom H1 portable digital recorder, with fairly good results.

I also have a Sennheiser e835 dynamic mic. The first interface I had, also a gift, was a guitarface II usb interface. Now, I have an m-audio m-track usb interface, with live monitor through my headphones.

I use Audacity, which is open-share free download software and easy to use. You also have to download a free LAME MP3 encoder if you want to export to mp3. 

And you can have fun with that. I have a Spectrum Acoustic guitar with built-in pick-up so that I can jack into the interface. I also have a Hondo Flying V (Gibson copy) guitar and a Roland GS-6 digital effects unit that I can jack into the interface.

I will send you a message with a song link for a recording I made using the acoustic as described and some mixing tricks I learned.

• TMV World Legacy Member

It's great. Extremely Elvis. Yeah the recording quality could be assisted. I have don't have much technical advice on the singing as it sounded spot on Elvis to me.

Something to consider, as an artist you should consider if you may or may not want to distance yourself slightly from Elvis. When something is spot on, it can sound more like Elvis to people than you, which is good if it's the intended effect, but you may want something different.

I'd love if you come back with a better mic and we could hear you more clearly, but if you were aiming for Elvis, you definitely succeeded.