Review Plz

• TMV World Legacy Member

I hear you are singing in a very low volume, mate. Are you in a comfortable range down there? Because it sounded airy and with little control.
The things that are more in the middle of your voice sound more energic and clearer.

From what I hear, you got the vowels formed correctly and have a natural twang. Your folds seem also to be able to resist quite well. You just need to crank up the volume, man.

It's very hard to judge a person's singing when the demo is that low in volume, because it is a whole different thing. 

EDIT: I forgot to say, haha, I think you're pretty good mate :) 

You are right I am more comfortable in the middle. I am still learning. I have a vocal program that I am following. I'll remember to sing louder next time. I was told that I could not sing and to give it up.

Nah, never listen to that stuff. Just invest all the time you can into singing and training. It will pay.

What vocal program do you have? Are you working with a teacher?

Why do you sing so quiet, do you always sing like that? Is it shyness and people in your home will listen?   Try to sing in a moderate, comfortable volume, and then record it. Please post a sample to hear the difference :D !

You are right I am more comfortable in the middle. I am still learning. I have a vocal program that I am following. I'll remember to sing louder next time. I was told that I could not sing and to give it up.

Wow, that's really ignorant. You're already have some foundational aspects of singing. Did you know some beginners like literally, don't hit a single note in tune, strain a whole lot, and can still tackle singing and be declared 'singers?' You're way closer than a lot of folks who have made this journey.

I can totally hear the song in there, it's just quiet and hesitant. I bet you sing quieter cause of ignorant people like that trying to deflate you. Some have compared singing to having your body be this balloon, that gets filled with air (breath support), and you just kind of release teh air in a controlled way. If people deflated your balloon, we gotta fill that sucker back up.

You should try some breathing exercise. My favorite that I advise to people here, is the invisible (or real) straw. Suck in through an invisible straw, feel engagement below your chest and above stomach (diaphragm) and hiss out the sound, while trying to keep the sensation of engagement. It should be relaxing and make you feel light headed.

Yeah, people will try to deflate you man. You gotta fill back up physiologically and psychologically and prove em wrong. You can do it, seriously. 

Kevin, I can ASSURE you that by the way your voice sounds, even in that low volume, that it is more prepared for volume that what my voice was when I started training. It's not a naturally quiet voice, trust me.

Anyone who has told you that doesn't know much, and if you got to that conclusion, forget about it. If you are having trouble with higher volumes it's because you might be doing something incorrect -like using too much air, or letting air leak-

As Killer already wrote, you might need some breathing excercises to learn to control the air that you keep inside/release. 

And as a last thing. What is the AAproach ?

Aaah, I like him :P  It seems your big into R&B, so his style fits perfectly for you I guess.  

Technique though is never that different from style to style, so don't hesitate to ask questions about your program if you have any doubts. If you don't know what an excercise is for, or if you are doing it correctly, just post a link and people here will help :)

I think you won't make much progress unless you sing louder than that, mate.  Sounds like you are just marking the song ( don't know if it's the right term ). It's when one just skims throught the song to get an idea of it and not tire the voice before a show or something. In dancing we call it marking.

Also I haven't heard the original, but I can hear you off pitch several times. How can I know? Because it just doesn't sound harmonic. In some parts you are all over the place. 
Edit: Something I forgot, is that I was keeping the tempo with my feet, and your singing didn't match with it. It's not important if we're talking about technique, but if you try to keep the tempo all the time you'll be awesome later. Your band will appreciate it.

I think your singing is quite underpowered, which leads to being flat or not using the amount of energy required for each note. That's why I tell you that I don't think you'll progress much if you keep singing that quiet.

Good luck, mate :D

Yeah I didn't really know the song that well... but as far as volume it's just what I'm using to record. I can control how loud it records my voice... but I try to make it not too much louder than the music. I'd be better off choosing a song I actually know. I can turn myself up because I did sing louder. I think the pitch problems came because I had to guess some notes.

It's normal when we don't have music accompanying us :)  It's hard to sing accapela because either we know ALL the notes, or we have to guess... and guess correctly, which depends on how good your natural sense of harmony is.

Instead of posting a song, could you post a clip of you doing a loud EH? Like when we say loudly "HEY!"  to someone?  Try to sustain that EH for 3-4 seconds so we can hear well.
You could try the same with an AH and an OH.

Niiice ! :D  Good vid, serves for a lot of purposes :P

The thing is that you may be trapped in an accoustic mode because you don't know the coordinations to control your compression, the adduction of your folds. I was in the same place when I started, and I know by experience that it isn't hard to learn a heavier coordination.

I'll gladly Skype with you, and help you with that, mate. Though I am recovering from Gastroenteritis -or still have it- ( idk how it's called in english ) and due to vomitting and reflux I got a kind of stubborn laringytis. So I'll tell you when I get better :)

Add me in Skype. My username is Gorehax.