Lonesome Road Blues..capoed up..more projection?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Much better. I believe once you get singing songs that hover around the range of the higher parts in this " Feelin BAD lawd,lawd" you are going to really shine. You may feel that the high note of "BAD" is a little too high but that is closer to the range you should be singing.

Just a hair faster and a little more attitude will do wonders for this.   What I mean by attitude is instead of singing it like you are going down the road feeling bad because you are depressed, sing it like you are feeling bad because of the way you have been treated and you are fed up with it......."I AIN'T GOING TO BE TREATED THIS WAY". Like you are standing your ground.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

• TMV World Legacy Member

This has a lot more energy. Something to be thinking about is maybe a version where it would be transposed up at some point in the song. It would give me probably the desolate emotion of the first, which was barren, but almost so lonesome as to not even exist. It felt genuinely lonesome, and it was so lonely and isolated, that practically no one responded. It was that genuine.

But the transposed version, could be like a lonesome person beginning to shout out at humanity a bit more. Almost no one can be totally satisfied lonely, and that bit of anguish/tension that might appear when you elevate the pitch could be really powerful emotionally.

I've been a loner a lot of my life and it would probably really connect. There's a part of introversion that is very happy being detached and existing peacefully in our own worlds, but there is another  part that feels anguish and wants to shout out and exist. When MDEW talks about the higher note, that is what it would likely convey to me is that quality of even if they live in a desolate town, are poor with a 10 dollar suit, and lead a lonely downtrodden life, there's a part of them that wants to call out to other human beings, no matter how pained.

So yeah, experiment with the pitching, and pay attention to the different emotions. I'm primarily an emotional listener like that, where each song will have a 'journey' or a story to tell, but it might help some to be intellectual as to why a pitch might make us feel a certain way when the pitch ascends and volume increases. Yeah, it sounds more energetic and more social, but it's a lonely song, so both sides would possibly be the most convincing to me.