Last flowers - Radiohead cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

I have most of the Radiohead albums on actual CD somewhere and I think I've got this bonus disc, but it's a really obscure pick which is cool.

It's well done and I can feel it. It's sombre and downtrodden. Syncopating piano with vocals is really, really hard so that was well done. The only real thoughts I have is I think you are good enough you can be a bit more of a rock star yourself and step out from Yorke's shadow a bit. Maybe push and pull with the phrasing and dynamics a bit more?

The best way I could describe it would be like to put your mind into the lyric of the song like it's a movie set, witness and experience the song as a piece of art while you're creating it, and act out emotionally what you witness? Hang onto the words like they might be the last words you'd say. It's really really hard with a piano already, two hands there already takes up too much of my brain so I don't think I could do this with a piano yet, as I can't syncopate that many things.

It's already good, but it's kind of a mood piece for me as is. I don't know how to improve it as a mood piece that expresses a subtle downtrodden feeling. I only know how to make it different. So you can think of different ways to interpret it, but ultimately it's your journey, you're painting the scene, and how you respond to the scene is up to you as an artist.

The tech stuff, like pitch, phrasing, and stuff it seemed pretty solid for a live performance so I think it's more about art.

There really isnt much to say here, just like mr killerfu said. Everything is pretty damn solid. I would like to actually hear this recorded in a actually mixed recording where you can really focus on the artistic side. Track the instrumentals then sing over them. I also would like to hear you sing a more intense piece, just because I wanna hear what it sounds like lol.

Honestly I am prob working a little crush over your vocal timber and tone lol.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated :) I wasn't expecting it to be quite so positive, so that's encouraging. I would love to get more into the recording side so I could play around a bit more, but I'm pretty novice still and just have my ipad and a piano - but maybe sometime in the future!

Thanks again!