Are her high notes falsetto or soprano?

Rate this topic

james2015

Few thoughts.

1st: Auto tune. Lots. ;)

2nd: if it sounds good for an artist and an artist achieves whatever goal they have in audience response (if any), it doesn't matter what happens up there. You could name it 'worst sound the human voice can possibly make, and it was also Hitler's favorite sound so please stop everyone!!!!!!' and it would still sound the same to me. When listening to singers or singing, I never worry about what it is called, personally. They're just sounds and everyone has sound preferences. 

3nd: It does sound pretty airy, light, and high. It's not simply a 'light phonation,' or a 'lightened low pitched breathy voice' both of which might be more controversial. It probably is the same thing a man would do and be called falsetto unambiguously from a scientific standpoint. However, traditional classical voice theory denied that women have a falsetto and called it 'head voice' however so it is still possible there could be controversy surrounding the term.

4th: Now that you know my opinion. What sounds do you want to make as an artist? What sounds do like to listen to from artists? This is a prety cool place. If you're looking for sounds, someone can probably hook you up. The word falsetto? It probably won't do you much good one way or another.

I was just curious. I wasn't trying to see if i wanted to sound like  anyone. Btw, i didn't notice any auto tune in her voice. She sounded pretty natural.

All is well man. It's just 'falsetto' is a word that causes endless debate in the singing world,, so I was trying to cover as much ground as possible.

Most people can't hear auto tune, unless it is T Pained so I'm not surprised. Her vocal timbre mashes into a robotic inflection losing her natural timbre and her pitch straight tones pretty hard on more than one occassion. So this wasn't a particularly subtle job.

She probably sang it pretty good originally, but it all gets tuned now anyway. It could be disguised a lot more than in this track by reducing the tug of the tuning.

All is well man. It's just 'falsetto' is a word that causes endless debate in the singing world,, so I was trying to cover as much ground as possible.

Most people can't hear auto tune, unless it is T Pained so I'm not surprised. Her vocal timbre mashes into a robotic inflection losing her natural timbre and her pitch straight tones pretty hard on more than one occassion. So this wasn't a particularly subtle job.

She probably sang it pretty good originally, but it all gets tuned now anyway. It could be disguised a lot more than in this track by reducing the tug of the tuning.

Appreciate your insight. What about these two singers? Can you do a breakdown for them too? Thanks again.

KillerKu is right. Lots of autotune, though her producers seem to be pretty good at humanizing it here. This doesn't of course mean that she is a bad singer, sometimes AT is used for aesthetic purposes.

First girl in those last two videos sounds a little bit nervous at first, but later it's nice in my opinion. I didn't like the second girl at all, I don't know really why.