Can u tell me if I'm off or on pitch?

off pitch and changing keys, simultaneously.

That is no small feat!  

To the OP, what you need to be doing is taking your voice to a perfectly tuned instrument (preferably piano) and work out matching pitch on a single note.  Record yourself and really listen to the intonation differences.  Once you can get one note down start working on changing pitch on the smallest intervals you can.  Don't get cocky and try to sing songs if you can't even hold the pitch from a B to a C.  Learning good pitch is just a matter of internalizing the sound.  Eventually you will not only be able to hear the note before singing it but (if you train this way) your muscle memory will remember exactly how to make these changes in a way that will be effortless to you.  Cheers mate.

cPOh14H.png

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it. Btw, is there any part of the recording that I'm singing on pitch? Just wanna take it as example of "on pitch". And also, is this woman singing on pitch? 

Hey thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it. Btw, is there any part of the recording that I'm singing on pitch? Just wanna take it as example of "on pitch". And also, is this woman singing on pitch? 

There are quite a few bits where she is going off the melody but most of the verses are fairly solid pitch wise.  Not perfect, but easily forgivable due to the strong tone and charisma of the performance.  

cPOh14H.png

Only listened to the 1st example... You don't know how to use your voice. What you need to be focusing on is learning good technique, not pitch. Your pitch will most likely improve as you learn how to use your voice better.

Besides singing and teaching I also make beats and remixes. Check them out here: https://blend.io/sexybeast

• 2 weeks later...

One of many routes:  Get yourself a hand held tuner from a guitar store. The clerk can help.

Snark guitar, bass, tuner and metronome is about $25.  Be sure and get one with a

microphone built in.

Then get one of those books of sheet music of the songs you like.   

The easiest way to start is with a book where every

song is in C major.   Don't be embarrassed to do simple songs.  Even the Hal Leonard

guitar instruction series, three books, would be a great place to start.

When the letter on the tuner matches the note on the staff, you are on key.

One of many routes:  Get yourself a hand held tuner from a guitar store. The clerk can help.

Snark guitar, bass, tuner and metronome is about $25.  Be sure and get one with a

microphone built in.

Seriously, his pitch is not that bad.

Besides singing and teaching I also make beats and remixes. Check them out here: https://blend.io/sexybeast