Progression through learning a song?

Rate this topic

echoyjeff222

I just started taking vocal lessons a few weeks ago, and I've had three lessons so far. I've been given quite a few vocal exercises and two songs to sing. Since school is starting soon, I'm going to save my last lesson till a few weeks from now. Until then, should I just keep doing the exercises and singing the song over and over, or is there a more efficient way to progress and learn to sing a song?

I just started taking vocal lessons a few weeks ago, and I've had three lessons so far. I've been given quite a few vocal exercises and two songs to sing. Since school is starting soon, I'm going to save my last lesson till a few weeks from now. Until then, should I just keep doing the exercises and singing the song over and over, or is there a more efficient way to progress and learn to sing a song?

yes and yes

It's going to depend on who you are talking to, what day it is. Some will say to try this or that program. Others will say that you can accomplish nothing without a vocal instructor standing right there, hearing you. Some practice scales religiously and others don't.

As for Bob's double affirmative answer. It means, yes, you could do the same exercises and the same song for a few weeks until the next lesson. And yes, there are other ways to progress that might be more efficient for you.

The pointers, the pedagogy of Robert Lunte is clear and concise and getting his system could do you a lot of good in ways you wouldn't expect. For example, I think I can do a better falsetto because I better understand what it is and what it is not.

If you can't afford it, which is no crime, then you can continue on the path that you are on and you will still get where you are going.

Hence, yes and yes.