Lounge act (Nirvana Cover)

Rate this topic

Hey guys,

I posted an attempt at Deep Purple not so long ago. I pretty much screwed part of it and the very same day, my doctor diagnosed me a sinusitis (wasn't caused by singing but i think cold and allergies mostly), so i ended up resting my voice for three weeks.

I started singing again three weeks ago and it feels like having a brand new voice!

Let me know what you think about this cover :

https://app.box.com/s/szcx46bc288yo11v9451kg7oq6ozskwy

Edit : new link, seems the old one did not work...

I like it too. It's a good timbre throughout the whole range and pitch is good. Energy increased nice on the highs and contrasted well with the lows which made it a nice listen.

I wouldn't know how to fix it in any way. Good tone, sounds genuinely passionate, and a good cover.

Thanks guys for listening and showing up!

Yes, i worked my voice and mixing toward the cong progression and dynamics (starting from a single vocal line into doubling the vocal tracks on the last chorus) and even if the technique isn't perfect, my aim was to capture the mood of the song.

I am going to post more songs soon!

Sounds great Quentin!  I agree with Ron, you have definite shades of Dave Grohl lurking in there - and then you get to 1:38 and suddenly your inner Kurt explodes out of there!  

I love this recording - very very cool man! :-D

Incidentally, I can hear your voice in my head being perfect on something like Crazy Train (Ozzy)