Forever Young-Bob Dylan (Cover) Parenthood Theme Song

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is going to fall of the page.

I like this performance. There's a great urgency in your performance style and it is truly live. I could pick a couple of notes that are less than pitch perfect, but you're a punk rocker. That's how most of them do it, and that's how Bob does it.

You know it, I know it and hardly anyone posts truly live performances. 15/16 people like you. You can count me as another. You've got rebel music on your shirt. Go for it for real. We need real rebels.

If you try a song that is outside your range, we can probably help more with technique, imo. I feel like you've got pretty good control in this range in the style you are singing.

Count this old guy as a big fan of you. I know Dylan is a "great songwriter" but I have just never liked his voice. So, I had been putting off listening to this but I am glad I did because you do it better than the original. Bravo.

Sidenote: is that an MXL mic? The Genesis series?

I look around at some reviews and I ordered the v67g, which shipped from NYC yesterday. "New York City?! Get a rope."

This is going to fall of the page.

I like this performance. There's a great urgency in your performance style and it is truly live. I could pick a couple of notes that are less than pitch perfect, but you're a punk rocker. That's how most of them do it, and that's how Bob does it.

You know it, I know it and hardly anyone posts truly live performances. 15/16 people like you. You can count me as another. You've got rebel music on your shirt. Go for it for real. We need real rebels.

If you try a song that is outside your range, we can probably help more with technique, imo. I feel like you've got pretty good control in this range in the style you are singing.

Thank you so much! I'll try to do something a bit more outside my range and put it on soundcloud, I generally try to only put the best sounding stuff on Youtube. I really want to be able to hit an a5 or C5 and I'm not sure how to go about doing that.:/ 

Count this old guy as a big fan of you. I know Dylan is a "great songwriter" but I have just never liked his voice. So, I had been putting off listening to this but I am glad I did because you do it better than the original. Bravo.

Sidenote: is that an MXL mic? The Genesis series?

I look around at some reviews and I ordered the v67g, which shipped from NYC yesterday. "New York City?! Get a rope."

Thank you! I agree honestly, although I feel like I'm the same as Dylan. Good songwriter, mediocre singer.:P  And it is an MXL! It's the 550, it came in a bundle with the 551 on a Musiciansfriend Stupid Deal Of The Day for $60. I love it.:)

Thank you so much! I'll try to do something a bit more outside my range and put it on soundcloud, I generally try to only put the best sounding stuff on Youtube. I really want to be able to hit an a5 or C5 and I'm not sure how to go about doing that.:/ 

Thank you! I agree honestly, although I feel like I'm the same as Dylan. Good songwriter, mediocre singer. :P  And it is an MXL! It's the 550, it came in a bundle with the 551 on a Musiciansfriend Stupid Deal Of The Day for $60. I love it. :)

I think you have the best philosophy here. Share your weaknesses with people who can help you. Share your strengths with the general public.

I like your voice, honestly. It has energy. But I like Bob Dylan more than Ronws does too.

There are folks with a lot more expertise on C5 in a fuller sounding voice. I have ways of doing it, but most involve lots of moaning, rasp, twanging, weird vowel stuff, super support, I can't sing consistently up there like with my guitar in a real context and all that and even then, I think I might be faking something. :D

I don't know if you could take your punkish tone that high though. Most punkish singers tap out before then. Should be interesting if you can get some really good technical help and hit a punk C5.

I think you have the best philosophy here. Share your weaknesses with people who can help you. Share your strengths with the general public.

I like your voice, honestly. It has energy. But I like Bob Dylan more than Ronws does too.

There are folks with a lot more expertise on C5 in a fuller sounding voice. I have ways of doing it, but most involve lots of moaning, rasp, twanging, weird vowel stuff, super support, I can't sing consistently up there like with my guitar in a real context and all that and even then, I think I might be faking something. :D

I don't know if you could take your punkish tone that high though. Most punkish singers tap out before then. Should be interesting if you can get some really good technical help and hit a punk C5.

I hit it yesterday, I don't know how to describe the tone. It holds a little bit of a punkish tone, but it sounds almost like I sucked helium.xD I've got to get it with more consistency, but hopefully it'll get there. I obviously had to lighten it up a little bit but I think there's a little bit of a punkish thing there. When it comes to the higher notes, I'm going for a blend of Steve Perry, Freddie Mercury, and Jason Lancaster. Hopefully with some practice I can hit it, from what I've read if you bust your butt, mixed voice in some ways eliminates vocal range. Not completely of course, but to an extent.

I hit it yesterday, I don't know how to describe the tone. It holds a little bit of a punkish tone, but it sounds almost like I sucked helium.xD I've got to get it with more consistency, but hopefully it'll get there. I obviously had to lighten it up a little bit but I think there's a little bit of a punkish thing there. When it comes to the higher notes, I'm going for a blend of Steve Perry, Freddie Mercury, and Jason Lancaster. Hopefully with some practice I can hit it, from what I've read if you bust your butt, mixed voice in some ways eliminates vocal range. Not completely of course, but to an extent.

Also you will notice getting louder the higher you go and that is from focusing resonance, not from pushing. This is okay. Later, you will get some finesse.

Also you will notice getting louder the higher you go and that is from focusing resonance, not from pushing. This is okay. Later, you will get some finesse.

Thanks for the advice!:)