Ed Sheeran - I See Fire "Cover"

• TMV World Legacy Member

My fiancee took a video of me singing I See Fire 2-3 months ago and i just watched it again and it seemed ok to my ears..

Tell me what you think guys :)

I would appreciatte a more elaborate response to my technique (or lack there of) :)

Thanks!! :)

https://app.box.com/s/vwrydnoe21uta8dpmkfxgmrgpbtqbllx

Edit: i was just learning to play that song, so i was looking at my laptop for the lyrics and chords, my fiancee randomly started recording when i said to her im gonna try the whole song xD She also hums thruought the vid :P

Nice tone!

Nothing that is really wrong here, just a few small things:

Your general tone seems to be a bit closed at times, a Eddie Vedder-kind of singing that needs a little more energy and support if you want to do it like that cause like this it sometimes seems like you are not reaching the notes fully. For example you sing something like "daag" for "dark" and dont open the vowel fully. You could play around with opening it more and with that the notes could come even easier. Try to make your tongue flatter because for me that closed sound often comes when my tongue is blocking my air path.

As for the bridge where Ed does his wolf-howling-thing if you want to reach the note better and move closer to Ed´s sound then you are letting to much air escape through your vocals folds. He as a fuller sound that is not so falsetto-ish. He is singing a tight "uh" there.

And that is all, nice rendition!

Croatian language has a strong wovels...for example wovel e is pronounced like in the word BABY..the sylable BE...its something that i cant control at all times...also this is when i was learning the song so its not the way i would sing it now..

Thhabks for kind words

It sounds great. Even sounded better when I turned my head sideways. Hahaha. Trick of the mind. You need exposure way more than you need technical help.

Is that a wife or someone singing along very quietly? It has a lot of character. I gathered it wasn't the dog cause I watched the dog's lips.

It sounds great. Even sounded better when I turned my head sideways. Hahaha. Trick of the mind. You need exposure way more than you need technical help.

Is that a wife or someone singing along very quietly? It has a lot of character. I gathered it wasn't the dog cause I watched the dog's lips.

Hehehe yea it was my fiancee...and thanks for responses...soon im planning to get a mic...posibly blue yeti pro...so i can record smthing properly....

Regarding technique i want to be able to sing higher..currently my top is A4....i would like E5 but thats smthing i need to work for ;)

I think it sounds great. Good tone, suits the song. What I would like to see is you knowing the song, and facing the camera in a performance instead of facing away from it - when you have another go at recording it :)

I think it sounds great. Good tone, suits the song. What I would like to see is you knowing the song, and facing the camera in a performance instead of facing away from it - when you have another go at recording it  :)

Thanks bro...ill try to record something soon...probably gonna fo Thinking out Loud and I see fire by Ed Sheeran again...gonna borrow a mic from a friend and grab a backing track ;P