Acoustic cover of Handsome Savior - Sivert Høyem

Rate this topic

The tone is good, it doesn't sound strained to me. I wasn't familiar with the original song, so I took a listen.

I think the your pitch isn't matching the original relatively to the key. If you want a project you can work on, try to find the pitches he is singing on your guitar, and sing them back trying to match the pitch exactly, literally note by note.

If you do that exercise for awhile, it might help clear up any fogginess by building up more of a mental memory of it. It was one I had to do as a singer.

The tone is good, it doesn't sound strained to me. I wasn't familiar with the original song, so I took a listen.

I think the your pitch isn't matching the original relatively to the key. If you want a project you can work on, try to find the pitches he is singing on your guitar, and sing them back trying to match the pitch exactly, literally note by note.

If you do that exercise for awhile, it might help clear up any fogginess by building up more of a mental memory of it. It was one I had to do as a singer.

Yea, its just that this guy has an extremely low register, and i do not have a that low one myself

Yea, its just that this guy has an extremely low register, and i do not have a that low one myself

Yeah, that might have something to do with it. Have you tried transposing the song? If you aren't a skilled guitar player yet you can use a capo to pull up the key and then play it relatively higher in your comfortable range. This sounded like some kind D minor something. You could pull it up and play it in F# or something.

You can also sing things an octave up in falsetto while trying to ingrain things. I like to sing Pink Cigarette by Mr Bungle.

I'll often send a couple of sections an octave up. I'm hoping the 'shame' (move an octave up) 'will hide the shame I've got on my face'. Keep toying with stuff. You'll get it.

Did you update it? It sounds different (better to my ears) this time and says 1 day as the upload time. Reverb sounds potentially increased as well. Maybe I'm just imagining things. :D

I did do a retake, and tried to focus more on the way i used my voice, but i dont there is any difference to the reverb

I did do a retake, and tried to focus more on the way i used my voice, but i dont there is any difference to the reverb

Yeah man. It is much improved. For the time being I'd pay a bit more attention to the voice until it becomes more of a habit.

I actually need to do the same thing when playing guitar and singing at the same time. Old habits are re-appearing from many years ago when I used to sing and play vs when I sing without having to multitask.

Make sure you practice without the guitar too from time to time. It helps you pay extra attention. :D